Co-op and somerfield

it seems that a lot of the co-op depots are closing and at least 2 depots(eccleshall and talke) work is going to lea green at least.
other depots to close include bradford and batley, which were known about before, but now it seems notts and alferton are also going.
a manager told me they will start closing depots from early next year.
so thats another 100-150 drivers out of work in the stoke area… cus they wont be many moving to lea green, as the payouts for redundancy are decent with no upper limit… and one fella i spoke to aswell has been working for em for 29years :open_mouth: thats gonna be a nice payout.

seeing as all the co-op depots are in-house and lea green is a wincanton depot, do you think that the co-op will take lea green in-house as things are’nt rosey with wincanton and the drivers (allegedlly). :laughing: :laughing:

id think coop will run it… they bought out somerfield after all… no doubt the coop will look at it and decide… :unamused:

rumour as it somerfield ross on wye is reopening under the co op banner
think wincanton does abit out of their already

Here at Lea green ,nobody knows whats going on!
As regards to depot closures ,again nobody
has been informed of whos going or staying .

the logistics company are pulling all the stops out to keep the contract !
Lets hope the Co op board of directors can see past the £ signs
for the level of service they will receive

Since they took the contract they been penny pinching
they lack in man management skills ,they cant cope now
with the delivery system ,
they dont look after there staff ,theres no working relationship
at all ,theyve got pepole in positions, whos never been on the road before ,
The List is endless ,
All they look at is Profit margin .

lea green is def staying m8 id put my house on it… ok its only rented but i will still put it on it :laughing:
and my source todays tells me the transport manager at eccleshall has been applying for other jobs, so maybe hes not moving when the place shuts down… which can only be a good thing pmsl :laughing: :laughing:

Last week Terry Graham (Wincanton Lea Green boss) gave a presentation to the Co-op bigwigs about how good Wincanton are at running Lea Green. I think the depot will survive but the staff drivers will be in for a shock. If you are a 11.5 hour shift man then you do a 7 hour run and get to sleep in truck when you get back to the depot as the cant be made to do another run if it takes them over the shift. There is no way Co-op will stand for this.
Wincanton managers are tossers cant wait for them to be thrown on the scrapheap tho.

ahh thats why they are always a few of the somerfield lads at stafford and keele on a morning :laughing:
the coop will give you runs you cant do and then you just bank the hours,
but if any talke or eccleshall lads move to lea green makes you wonder what the pay will be, as at the mo these depots get paid different, the chilled lads get 48hours salary + any banked time(given in time off), while i belive the talke lads get paid for what they do, and how many empty cages they take back

It will be interesting.
I know drivers now doing 4 on 4 off 11.5 hour shifts = 46 hours and they are doing no more than 26 hours work.
You want to see the stuff the bring to work laptops, books, pillows, duvets…the list is endless.

dazaster:
it seems that a lot of the co-op depots are closing and at least 2 depots(eccleshall and talke) work is going to lea green at least.

I assume this is the old Norpak site on Raleigh hall Ind Est? - Tbh, I’m surprised the site lasted this long under ACC - Co-Op.

The then united Norwest Co-Op bought a thriving business (Norpak) and subsequently got bought out by ACC who killed off Norpak and turned it into a depot for their delivery network (and a poorly ran one at that!)

Shame.

yeah thats the place grumpy.

More store closures and asking drivers to move from morning to afternoons again, to eliminate any agency drivers, and if they don’t move they will be served with their notice. So not all rosy at lea green at all. They are saying they are 40 drivers approx overstaffed, no such thing as a safe job not even in the food industry.