Clocks Change

Just a reminder that as the clocks go back one hour this weekend one of the first jobs on going back to work Sunday, or Monday, will be to change the tacho clock. If you have one of the newer ‘CD style’ tacho heads you won’t need to alter the time as it will do it automatically, as long as there is no disc in the head.

I have been asked a couple of times before what you should do if you are doing a night shift Saturday/Sunday and it spans 02:00 when the clocks go back. You should alter the time at the end of the shift, not before or during it.

Also members should go into their profile on TruckNet and change their time zone back to GMT from GMT+1 otherwise the time on the postings will be wrong. OK I know it is usually wrong anyway but it will be even more out if you don’t change the time in your profile. :wink: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

If you didn’t change it to GMT+1 in March you won’t need to do this. :wink: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Coffee.

Been wondering how, to change the time this weekend on my digital tacho.

John

Pulling the fuse for an hour is not acceptable then ?. :unamused: :unamused:

best not to daxi. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

neil,i have one of them new cd type tacho’s in my M A N and it needs to be turned back manually.now i need to remember how to do it again,after all it’s been a year since i last done it :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

That’s trueJim, the one in my mates MAN doesn’t auto change either now you come to mention it. maybe I should rephrase it and say that most of the new ‘CD style’ tachos will auto change the clock as long as there are no discs in the head.

Ah!!! :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Another extra hour in bed! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

TC:
Ah!!! :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Another extra hour in bed! :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

aye you must be tired by now tc,it must be all that housework you’v been doing :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

:imp: I agreed with that MP bloke, leave the bloomin time on BST, no need to change it. :angry: :angry: :open_mouth: :confused: :frowning:

daxi:
Pulling the fuse for an hour is not acceptable then ?. :unamused: :unamused:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: OH :exclamation: Memories :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAFMAD:
:evil: I agreed with that MP bloke, leave the bloomin time on BST, no need to change it. :angry: :angry: :open_mouth: :confused: :frowning:

We did that before in the UK, early 70’s for one or two years, it did’nt work out because kids were going to school in the dark etc. I remember it well :exclamation:

Besides, almost all the world does it, They go back here also. Just think of all the Airline timetables that would have to be changed :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

DAFMAD:
:evil: I agreed with that MP bloke, leave the bloomin time on BST, no need to change it. :angry: :angry: :open_mouth: :confused: :frowning:

agree totally ,its one of those outdated laws that need scrapping.was brought in to help the farmers.as if we dont help them enough.

Neil,do both charts need to be removed?
Only the other weekend I decided to put the time right on mine,it was 5min slow,but then I got a fault code flashing on the display.Eventually I managed to decipher the handbook and took the second driver disc out,closed the drawer and it righted itself.Phew! :unamused:

Yes Keith both charts need to be removed for the auto update to work. As far as the second driver position goes it should only have a disc in it when it is being used by two drivers otherwise leave it empty.

I know in the older style tacho heads the advice was always to keep a blank disc, or one of the plastic dics, in position two to protect the needles but in the newer CD style heads the instruction manual says to leave it empty.

Coffeeholic:
Just a reminder that as the clocks go back one hour this weekend one of the first jobs on going back to work Sunday, or Monday, will be to change the tacho clock. If you have one of the newer ‘CD style’ tacho heads you won’t need to alter the time as it will do it automatically, as long as there is no disc in the head.

WOW thats a clever bit of kit, got one those “cd” type tachos in the Reno" , was going to alter it last night so i didnt forget monday morning, but forgot :confused: it 'll be intresting to see if it has changed :question:
Mind you i wont spend all tomorrow wondering, Mrs Snax taped james bond last week for me{ i’m to tight to hire it} might watch it tomorrow afternoon :slight_smile:

It did dawn on me at 0700 this morning when the dog was jumping up and down to get me to take him out for a walk that it was really 0600 and my lie in had just vanished!

The time is now 09.44, look above at the time this is posted & see who else needs to change the clock. :unamused: :unamused:

daxi:
The time is now 09.44, look above at the time this is posted & see who else needs to change the clock. :unamused: :unamused:

You do! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Go into your profile and alter the time from “GMT+1” to “GMT”, then submit…should solve your problem… :wink: :grimacing: :grimacing:

whats a tacho :laughing: i`m still on log books…and they say old habits never die ha ha ha
have a nice day

Why cant the arrange to change the clocks sometime between 10pm - 11pm on a saturday night that way wed get an extra hour in the pub :unamused: :open_mouth: