Clicking links.

When I click on a link in a post it now opens in same page taking me away from trucknet and then I have to back up or reload trucknet address.

Is it my settings or the sites as it never used to do this.

Right click on he link and select open in new window this way you can close the link and continue where you were

or right click and open in new tab

Never even gave that a thought.

Usual for me, just storm right in shouting somethings wrong. :laughing:

aranger:
Never even gave that a thought.

Usual for me, just storm right in shouting somethings wrong. :laughing:

:laughing: :laughing:
It wasn’t wrong, but there’s an alternative to your option.

Cheers simon.

When I try to post I also get a preview sometimes after pressing submit.

I know it takes time to get bugs sorted so thought I would point them out but again no biggy.

aranger:
When I click on a link in a post it now opens in same page taking me away from trucknet and then I have to back up or reload trucknet address.

Is it my settings or the sites as it never used to do this.

Which browser are you using ?

Internet explorer. Its no real biggy but only started happening on the new board.

Doesn`t happen all the time just on occasionally.

aranger:
Internet explorer. Its no real biggy but only started happening on the new board.

Doesn`t happen all the time just on occasionally.

hi you could try this go to tool at the top click on internet options go to tabs click on setting and see if these boxes are ticked

if not tick them and say OK and then close that down and try it now hope it helps

Cheers bud but thats my settings at the moment.

Have since noticed its not every link, clicked the youtube one there and its fine. :confused:

You don’t say which version of IE you’re using but in IE 7 when I click a link with the middle mouse button the link opens in a new tab.

Firefox also has this feature and plenty more with the addons :wink:

tachograph:
You don’t say which version of IE you’re using but in IE 7 when I click a link with the middle mouse button the link opens in a new tab.

Firefox also has this feature and plenty more with the addons :wink:

So it does. :sunglasses:

Just went to the euro sat nav thread where half the links did this and half never and its like when I phone the office to say I have a non starter and every time a fitter comes out he turns it over and it starts first time, someones at the funny buggers.

All that rambling on means it seems to be fixed. :laughing:

Cancel alert. :laughing:

aranger:
Cheers simon.

When I try to post I also get a preview sometimes after pressing submit.

If in the time it takes you to compose your reply to a thread and hit the submit button someone else has posted a reply it doesn’t post your reply straight away. You will see a preview of your message and a note advising you another reply has been made and suggesting you may want to review your reply in light of the new post. This maybe what is happening in your case.

I see, I suppose I should have read it but just kept clicking away.

Will check next time. thanks.

Links seem to be working fine now and Coffeholic is bang on about preview so just consider this thread as being the ramblings of a dafty.

aranger:
Links seem to be working fine now and Coffeholic is bang on about preview so just consider this thread as being the ramblings of a dafty.