Clearstone Training

Hi All,

Has anyone been able to contact Clearstone lately?

I have tried several times this week. But I either get just a constant ringing or an answer phone on another line.
I have left a message and emailed them but they havent got back to me.

It’s quite urgent as they have just fraudulently removed a lot of money from my bank account and overdrawn it.

If anyone from Clearstone is reading this … please please please contact me asap or replace all my money back in my account.

Thanks,

Mark Wooldridge

If they didn’t have permission to take the money then I would be straight on the phone to the bank at the very least … … …

G

Well so far I’ve managed to contact bank over the phone and extend my overdraft, they also said I wont get charged for overdrawing.

They also said to go to my local branch to sort things out.

Also I will be trying tomorrow to contact clearstone again and hopefully get my money back.

bigfathairybiker:
Well so far I’ve managed to contact bank over the phone and extend my overdraft, they also said I wont get charged for overdrawing.

They also said to go to my local branch to sort things out.

Also I will be trying tomorrow to contact clearstone again and hopefully get my money back.

thats crap…call your bank now & tell them you didnt authorise the the money & they will pass it onto the fraud deptartment in the bank to get your cash back

Received a letter today apologising for the inconvenience caused and saying they would refund the money apart from the deposit.

I have just written back to them asking again for the deposit to be returned.

I hope I dont have to employ the services of my brother who is a solicitor ( lucky me ! ) .

More when I know…

bigfathairybiker:
Received a letter today apologising for the inconvenience caused and saying they would refund the money apart from the deposit.

I hope I dont have to employ the services of my brother who is a solicitor ( lucky me ! ) .

More when I know…

Since you have a brother who is a solicitor…
Get him to send a letter anyway as you might be waiting for ages otherwise!

bigfathairybiker:

Keep us updated on this one.

When you first raised the subject I nudged Rikki to give the ‘heads up’ to the journalistic sector. I’m not sure what followed, but Clearstone have often been prepared to defend themselves on these forums. Either they have missed this item, or are refraining from comment.

Best wishes with the recovery of your money.

Been almost six days since I sent the letter and havent heard anything yet.

Brother says wait for seven working days, if no reply then a proper letter will go out.

Also decided to phone BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, as they have a “Help I have a problem with some company” thing every day.
Quite good actually as they use their media clout to sort things out.
Its not like they keep company names anonomous on air either.

( Sorry for the bad spelling ).

UPDATE:

Received a letter from Clearstone yesterday.

They are now offering to return half of my money minus a £20 admin charge.

They still seem to think that their terms and conditions apply even though I was not told at the time of handing over £200 of my money they never mentioned they would keep my money if I decided to change my mind.

I now have several options:

Contact the following: Trading standards, BBC Radio Cambridgeshire, Watchdog.
Go round my brothers again and get him to sort it out, although he says this sort of thing isnt his area, although he will help out where he can.

Oh, they keep mentioning the words “goodwill” when offering me MY money back.

UPDATE!!!

Finally got a cheque for £80 quid and paid it into my bank!

Still owe me £120 which they say is a registration fee which they did not tell me about on the phone.

Also I think I will now send them an invoice for the banks charges I have now received for the unauthorised overdraft they put on my account.

I think I’ll add an “administration” fee!

heard a few more tales about this company today when at the Glos test station - none good

ROG:
heard a few more tales about this company today when at the Glos test station - none good

There are plenty of posts about this company and their ‘style’ on TruckNet UK.

Here is a link to the search page. Put Clearstone in the keyword box.