Class 'C' passed phew!

hi guys a newbie here just passed my class C on the first attempt just module 4 left to do. Had a pretty good run at it from the start to now but having worked for Biffa for 16 years in a truck environment has probably helped me understand the theory side of things a bit more. So sent off for my digicard and set a date for module 4 then start emailing firms for a start. looking forward to starting a new career as a driver loved the responsibility of being in charge of a truck on my lessons and test although I realise there’s more to it than that! So looking at C+E when funds allow but in the meantime just want to get out there and get some experience. Best of luck to anyone in the process of learning its a buzz and its made me realise I’ve been in the wrong jobs for a long time!!

Woo-hoo! Congrats!!! :smiley:

I’m having a change of career too. Gone from office to 7.5 tonne driving. Done theory & HP ready for my Cat C practical training coming up. I’m loving what I do now.

Good luck with the job hunt :wink:

Yeah I’m working in an office environment at the moment and it’s been the worst mistake of my life not been happy for a long time but getting behind the wheel of a truck put a smile back on my face. Itching now to get out on the road and leave my desk behind. Best of luck with your training and test your 7.5 experience will help so just enjoy it and the 8 speed slap over gearbox ain’t as bad as you think to master!

:smiley: :smiley:

Thanks for the fireworks Rog it’s appreciated. TBH it’s something I should of done years ago my grandfather drove HGV and my brother drives for HFS I also have many friends in the trade so I’m looking to spend my last 20 years of working life in a HGV I’ve spent too much time looking after other people and trying to be a desk jockey…it’s not me I like to get my hands dirty and I love driving so it’s a major change in my life. Roll on C+E!

Congrats Redbryn,sounds like the haulage game is in your blood :wink:

Well done chap.

:blush: :blush: :blush: :wink:

eagerbeaver:
Well done chap.