Class 2 training/test

Afternoon all!

Thought I’d post on update on my current situation and wondered if anyone has had the same minor glitch as me any info will really help!

So, I passed my medical way back in March, and my assessment drive went really well chap said I shouldn’t need many lessons and so it went from there and I was booked to start on the 7th of April with my tests on the following Friday however while out on my bike on Easter Monday enjoying the sunshine some ‘idiot’ decided to run into me and fracture my left shoulder, so all my training got put on hold til last week, I attended my few days training and passed my initial cpc first time and was all geared up for my practical driving test yesterday morning at 8am however after then having my warm up drive etc and getting to the test centre it wasn’t til we got there that an old chap came out and said sorry sir your examiner has phoned in sick And my test had to be postponed, I was speak less was a real kick in the nuts all this time I’d been waiting and now this, I’ve been told I can claim for loss of earning because I’ll have to re book a test and what not, does anyone know if this is actually true? And I’ve been offered some tipper work, general haulage work and working for a skip company firm, has anyone got any pros and cons with any of the job offers as I didn’t know if one was better then another just for me to start with and get some experience! (Sorry for the boring read) but just really knocked back with what’s happened etc and any comments info will really help!
Cheers guys/girls!

If DVSA fault then there is a form for YOU to personally claim for all losses

gov.uk/government/uploads/s … g-test.pdf - print it off and post it

You’ll be able to claim for any loss of earnings due to taking time off for your test some of cost of the instructor as well, and travelling expenses to get there. Unfortunately I doubt they will pay for any loss of potential earnings had you passed.

Chees for the info guys! Have filled out a claim form and sent it in the post so will see what gets sent back, (just an update) was booked in the have my driving test today at 1:45pm but unfortunately got a phone call yesterday saying the test station had rang up and cancelled all today’s tests! So now have to fill in another claim form and then pay more money to book another day! Is this acceptable or is there anything I can do?
Cant really run the risk of parting with another £260 and then they cancel it again and I have to wait weeks to get my first lot of money back let alone the others!
Could really do with some help!
Cheers all!