class 2 help

Hi just seeing if anyone could help me out? Im looking to become a class 2 driver. I have got my provisional and do my theory on Tuesday so I’m looking to book the practical side of it now can anyone recommend and company /person to book it with I’m in burnley/blackburn area but willing to travel abit thanks James

A read of this might help

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=44667

I did my class 2 with this guy in Nelson benshawtraining.co.uk/

jim1488:
Hi just seeing if anyone could help me out? Im looking to become a class 2 driver. I have got my provisional and do my theory on Tuesday so I’m looking to book the practical side of it now can anyone recommend and company /person to book it with I’m in burnley/blackburn area but willing to travel abit thanks James

if stockport isn’t to far out your way ‘‘40 miles there about’’ the I strongly recommend stockport hgv… I done my whole course including my full cpc, they are a great bunch and very helpful, also they will ask you to do 2 hour assessment so they will know how long a course they think you will need. I could have found somewhere more local to where I live but chose to take my course and test in a place I didn’t know at all as I think its a good thing doing it this way because when your driving for real you will be most likely driving to places you don’t know…
best of luck…ps their prices are pretty much as cheap as you will find…

As dobermann1 says, stockport Hgv are brilliant I did my class 1 with them recently really would recommend them and prices are very reasonable. Good luck : )

Baldy91:
As dobermann1 says, stockport Hgv are brilliant I did my class 1 with them recently really would recommend them and prices are very reasonable. Good luck : )

flash git !! I was told by my instructor that he thought I’d pass my class 1 after I done the class 2 but I am gaining some experience before I go for the class 1… did you sit both class 2 & 1 after each other or were you driving class 2’s first ? cheers… and yes stockport are a great team, they are also a proven company, there are so many sharks out there that will take your money and run

Yeah I passed my class 2 in 2012 with a firm in Stoke as it was just more convenient at the time and have been driving them since then, and just passed my class 1 in October 2014 with stockport Hgv.

Baldy91:
Yeah I passed my class 2 in 2012 with a firm in Stoke as it was just more convenient at the time and have been driving them since then, and just passed my class 1 in October 2014 with stockport Hgv.

well done !! Even though my instructor said he reckoned I’d pass my class 1 now I feel in myself that I want to gain experience before I try the class 1, after all it is a different beast, although I am looking forward to the challenge… even if the company I’m with offers to pay I will refuse and do it off my own back so I won’t be tied to the company for 12 months or more… my cousin is about to take his class 1 paid for by his firm but he is ■■■■■■■ for 18 months, if he leaves he haves to pay towards it… how did you find doing the class 1 compared with class 2’s ? The instructors at Stockport said in many ways a class 1 is easier but they look a handful to me lol, saying it that it wasn’t the size of the truck that I had problems with, it was the 4 over 4 gears lol