Class 1 drivers think they are so superior

puntabrava:

widget:
Now is this driver class 1 or 2 ? :laughing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-F7SvQPu3g

Class 1 I reckon, who the hell wants an A frame nowadays apart from the bonkers Dutch.

Pfft, A-frames separate the men from the boys. Class 1 are WELL down the pecking order any way:
1-Body plus six
2-Quad road train
3-Triple
4-Double
5-B-double
6-Wagon and A-frame
7-Semi

:stuck_out_tongue: :grimacing:

robbiminator:

puntabrava:

widget:
Now is this driver class 1 or 2 ? :laughing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-F7SvQPu3g

Class 1 I reckon, who the hell wants an A frame nowadays apart from the bonkers Dutch.

Pfft, A-frames separate the men from the boys. Class 1 are WELL down the pecking order any way:
1-Body plus six
2-Quad road train
3-Triple
4-Double
5-B-double
6-Wagon and A-frame
7-Semi

Spot on Robbiminator !

British artics = Tonka Toys :wink:

Yeah us UK guys really should think again if we think any of our trucks are anything special.

Now here’s some trucks. Incidentally, I doubt any of these units are as powerful as the Tang units with their fridges on the back :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

All well and good, but they couldnt take em out and about through our pokey little hamlets. They`ve evolved into that because their infrastructure can accommodate them.

■■■■■■■:
All well and good, but they couldnt take em out and about through our pokey little hamlets. They`ve evolved into that because their infrastructure can accommodate them.

Yep. I’m sure having to blind side an urban rear steer trailer underneath a shopping complex would open their eyes too.

ckm1981:
Why do class 2 drivers keep bumping this thread,is it so they can tell all their mates they know a class 1 driver on a Internet forum?

Best comment so far!!!

PaulNowak:

ckm1981:
Why do class 2 drivers keep bumping this thread,is it so they can tell all their mates they know a class 1 driver on a Internet forum?

Best comment so far!!!

Is it rigid season already? I’ll get my blunderbuss oiled up! I thought we had a month or two after agency season ended before rigid season? The end of agency season is usually heralded by the Conor bird flying south I guess.

Unlike agency season, the class 2 insecurity threads are always actually started by rigid drivers. Nothing would be mentioned otherwise but its funny when these threads pop up.

emwmarine:
When I do a little bit of agency work in an arctic I look down my nose at everybody in their little vans.

Sometimes I get asked to drive a rigid and then I look up to those skilled arctic drivers but I do then look down my nose at 7.5t camionette drivers.

When I drive my own 7.5 ton horse box I look up at rigid and even further up in awe at the artics.

but I always look down on Ocado van delivery drivers.

Unless i’m on my bike.

I drive an Ocado van at the moment, I have my Cat C test next month :slight_smile:

robbiminator:

puntabrava:

widget:

1-Body plus six
2-Quad road train
3-Triple
4-Double
5-B-double
6-Wagon and A-frame
7-Semi

trucknetUK might have something to do with it ! POM :grimacing:

renaultman:

bertiebus:
Personally think desi pete needs to go have a long look at guys who drive puddle jumpers.
We are the guys who go where you fear to tread.
Quite a few of us 7.5 drivers are ex class 1 coach drivers who just wanted to see home!!!

If your such a great driver just think about this…
I used to run from richmond nrth yorks via muker to nateby 4 days a week in an old b10m with a splitter.
Was great fun showing the punters just how tight those bridges are…
Then you will realise just how easy driving an artic is.

I used to go to Muker with hay and straw with a Sedd Atky 200 Was a very steady ride. Used to do cement out of Eastgate too. Got all the jobs that artics couldn’t get to and a lot were handball.
I still reckon it’s easier to turn an artic round than 4 wheeler with a 26’ body and way easier than a big numb 8 wheeler flat.
On the snobbery note even driving an artic isn’t good enough, unless you’re driving a Scania 900 mega super space cab with 400 lights 4 million tassles and the window almost totally covered by curtains.

have a look at what happens when a class 2 tries to manover a class 1

it speaks for itself, i picked a nice and easy place for anyone to reverse into just to show how even in easy open places it can be such a nightmare for the class 2 driver as they just can not get the idea of how it reverses, if that was a tight spot can you imagine the damage that would take place ?

now anyone who can reverse a car can reverse a dinky truck with ease compared to bendys

it really is no contest
here have a look

youtube.com/watch?v=UP6zpdqRb3g

I feel his pain. After a while you lose the ability to think straight. He needed to stop and think. We all had to learn and we all have had bad days. Thank good cameras weren’t around in my early days in the 80s