Class 1 drivers think they are so superior

eagerbeaver:
I must be doing something wrong. My artic goes on b-roads,farm tracks,in fact pretty much anywhere it will fit!

b-roads and farm tracks!!!..come over to ireland,youve been spoilt sofar… :slight_smile:

eagerbeaver:
I must be doing something wrong. My artic goes on b-roads,farm tracks,in fact pretty much anywhere it will fit!

sounds like you’ve had a busy couple of weeks since you passed your test :wink:

I dont think im superior, but i know im a better class of driver than a lot of road users, little things like moving over at a junction or flashing a car out thats doing a right keeps the traffic flowing, good forward planning and leaving a big enough gap before pulling back in, if everone could do this the roads would be a smoother experience,

Denis F. You are bang on the money mate. Garden centres and nurseries. Absolute mare lol. I will be posting an update on Monday on the newbies forum to warn of the perils!!

Terry T:
I drive everything from 3.5t vans to artics. My pay is the same at the end of the week so who cares.

In fact, If I could drive a van permanently for my artic wage I’d jump at the chance.

+1,a nice merc sprinter on class1 wages and I would be a happy chappy

ckm1981:
Had a class 2 driver try and talk to me on the services today,cheeky fker…just blanked him.
disgusting,who do they think they are,lol

:smiley:

Plugster:
I dont think im superior, but i know im a better class of driver than a lot of road users, little things like moving over at a junction or flashing a car out thats doing a right keeps the traffic flowing, good forward planning and leaving a big enough gap before pulling back in, if everone could do this the roads would be a smoother experience,

You have just described how most (bordering on all) Class 1 drivers used to drive, and not THAT long ago, when they WERE superior in terms of driving.
How things have changed :bulb:

Now is this driver class 1 or 2 ? :laughing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-F7SvQPu3g

The rig is a class 2 but who knows about the driver, all i know is i drove a box ànd binner as we called them in the army and they were a nightmare to reverse until you got the knack .reversing an artic in comparison is a piece of cake .

mickeyflyn:
The rig is a class 2 but who knows about the driver, all i know is i drove a box ànd binner as we called them in the army and they were a nightmare to reverse until you got the knack .reversing an artic in comparison is a piece of cake .

Hard work lol… I remember an ex soldier taking his class 1 with his own wagon and drag (had his class 2 for 20 years)… He did a job, went to the test centre with his wagon and drag loaded, passed and then carried on with his days work… quality :wink:

I was taught on a bedford mk with no power steering on the parade ground in germany in the summer , I’ve never sweat so much since lol

Wagon and drag dollys, never driven one of those ■■■■■■■ things, never wanted to, and as a Class1 driver, I do admire the lads that can reverse them… whatever licence that they hold.

robroy:
Wagon and drag dollys, never driven one of those [zb] things, never wanted to, and as a Class1 driver, I do admire the lads that can reverse them… whatever licence that they hold.

I’m as courteous to a class 1 as i am to a class 2 on the road as at the end of the day someone dies if we make a mistake in something as big as we drive .skill is learned and respect earned my old man once told me and he was class 1 till he retired and sadly died last year. A true knight of the road.

mickeyflyn:

robroy:
Wagon and drag dollys, never driven one of those [zb] things, never wanted to, and as a Class1 driver, I do admire the lads that can reverse them… whatever licence that they hold.

I’m as courteous to a class 1 as i am to a class 2 on the road as at the end of the day someone dies if we make a mistake in something as big as we drive .skill is learned and respect earned

Spoken like a real ‘Proper Driver’. :sunglasses:

There aint many of us left :laughing:

robroy:

mickeyflyn:

robroy:

I’m as courteous to a class 1 as i am to a class 2 on the road as at the end of the day someone dies if we make a mistake in something as big as we drive .skill is learned and respect earned

+1 :wink:

The turners soham driver thought he was very superior as he hooted at me to move over as he indicated to join the m62 west bound on the 4 lane bit towards pontefract ,he very nearly ended up in pontefract .

respect for the EWM driver, been there done that made it look hard he makes it look easy . :smiley:

JIMBO47:
respect for the EWM driver, been there done that made it look hard he makes it look easy . :smiley:

Must have arms like Popeye.

widget:

robroy:

mickeyflyn:

robroy:

+1 :wink:

+2 :wink: :cry: :cry:

i feel sorry for the class 2 drivers who park up along side bendy drivers how small they look by comparison, 7.5t park up alongside a bendy looks like a car, you can soon tell a class 2 driver when they get out of there cabs with there heads down so as not to spotted driving such a small thing. so i think it speaks for itself the bendy drivers are far far superior and they have to be as there driving big stuff around and not a micky mouse truck, i dont know why there is even a debate about it.

if the small drivers dont like being looked down upon they can always try and move up a class

thats why they have the different classes as they require more skill of a driver than just driving a dinky toy around pretending to be a truck driver