Clapp Farms International

Anyone remember Ian Clapp Farms from Rooksbridge somerset who used to run a volvo F12 Globetrotter then a FL10 tri axle rigid then a scania topline 124, he used to haul pigs from his 6 farms all over the country delivering to slaughterhouses but mostly breeding pigs all over europe, his trucks were always kept polished n cleaned and the trailors were european spec with feeding and water troughs fitted thru out, so anyone have any pics it would be nice to see again as i dont seem to see them about now, i think he retired from the haulage business now and i dont seem to see his driver around so any help would be nice.

HI THERE WOULD THAT BE ANY RELATION ROY CLAPP FROM SAME AREA IN THE 50S WE USE TO TAKE PIGS TO BIRMINGHAM ITHINK HE HAD A MORRIS COMMERCIAL SORRY NO PHOTOS

HI THERE I WAS NOT A DRIVER AT THE TIME BUT MY FAIMLY RAN CATTLE LORRIES (BARTLETTS ) FROM WORLE (SEE CATTLE HAULAGE 40 50 SOMERSET)

toplineruk:
Anyone remember Ian Clapp Farms from Rooksbridge somerset who used to run a volvo F12 Globetrotter then a FL10 tri axle rigid then a scania topline 124, he used to haul pigs from his 6 farms all over the country delivering to slaughterhouses but mostly breeding pigs all over europe, his trucks were always kept polished n cleaned and the trailors were european spec with feeding and water troughs fitted thru out, so anyone have any pics it would be nice to see again as i dont seem to see them about now, i think he retired from the haulage business now and i dont seem to see his driver around so any help would be nice.

USED TO SEE THE IAN CLAPP WAGONS AT BARRETTS AND BAIRD ABATTOIR AT WEST BROMWICH. THE FL10 WAS ORIGINALLY PARTRIDGES FROM DEVON. IT LATER PASSED ON TO WALTER DAY FROM BOURNE AND OWENS FROM COVEN STAFFS

ian clapp is roy clapps son i think or possibly grand son ?
rooksbridge site demolished now and turned into a wedding venue rookery court or rookery manor ?
believe they still had some pigs left when started to do weddings lovely aroma?
dont know if they have pigs left at other farms

ianb2242:
ian clapp is roy clapps son i think or possibly grand son ?
rooksbridge site demolished now and turned into a wedding venue rookery court or rookery manor ?
believe they still had some pigs left when started to do weddings lovely aroma?
dont know if they have pigs left at other farms

Ian was roys son and I heard he completley changed Rookery farm into a hotel/wedding conference centre, quite a different way of life but as the state of uk farming its no wonder he closed the farming side down and the answer to your other question he closed all six farms even the fattening units in germany which he used to send weaners to at least once a week aswell as the farms down in Spain.
Toplineruk
Used to see this FL10 in germany spain portugal and once in italy.Colin i think was driving this one and then he had the new scania twinsteer 124 420 and everytime i saw him he looked dead to the world the miles he was doing and i heard he became very ill its no wonder so if anyone knows how he is say i said hi feller hope things are ok for you.
Regards
toplineruk

Yes i drove this for while working with colin, Saw him a few years back, no longer driving but happy and well,can t for the life of me remember the reg ,

But it was a supper truck to work for livestock, could used as 2 or 3 decks. Only the centre axle was driven other two would lift, If stopped at a red light you needed to lift one to get traction to to pull away on wet road, but very stable even loaded with 3 deck of pigs.

Bumped into Colin’s brother tother day, says he aint at all well, he has had major operation on his neck and spine and hobbles around on crutches and uses a electric chair to get about. He tells me he completely burnt out while driving for a chap near him running Spain and back non stop until he was caught and banged up down near Caravaca and was made to park up for three days or until he paid a way over the top fine. Says they had him for no breaks for 5 weeks he thinks. Now they have revoked his HGV and unlikely to drive trucks again due to degeneration of the spine. When I last saw him he didnt look to well but no idea he was that bad.He has had a load of steel pins grafted into his neck and seems to spend most of his days at home not going out, so what a waste i think all that work for Clapp and others with out much rest had finally got the better of him but I asked him to send best wishes and hope to see him one day

Todd Johnstone from kent got nice red volvos got Ian Clapps old f12 . not sure if he still works it but defo shows it . it was at peterborough last year i do recall. if you go on trucksgalore gallery theres a photo of it in Ian Clapps livery. the reg was J414AYC. The FL10 was F173HTT.