Clamp down on lanehogs

On Jeremy Vine today one of the people who phoned in said that he had travelled with a young women who travelled from Leicester to Glasgow at 60mph and never once left the middle lane ! when he pointed out the error of her ways she said that she would continue doing this because she felt safe.

Mmmmm, I can see ye all going for this on the strength of the daily mail headline. As has been pointed out they are power that I see being used more agains hgv drivers than the occasion middle lade hogger

Already in this thread we have had ideas for timing camera for a 2 second rule! When was the last time you drove a wagon again rog?

I agree with the new act as far as it goes but how do you explain a 2 mile overtake on a stretch of the A1’ fixed penalty I would of thought

im pretty sure there will be common sense used on the part of whoever is issuing the ticket, and trucks overtaking is never going to be a quick manoeuvre

thing is how many trucks actually sit in lane 2 for mile after mile. i was travelling down the M6 a few weeks ago and the info signs all said dont hog the middle lane and the only ppl that were ignoring it were fat old birds in 4x4s, it must be something about expensive cars that makes ppl think they can do what they like

In tailgating situations, why is it always the driver of the rearmost vehicle who is the big bad wolf? If the vehicle in front wasn’t there, the situation couldn’t occur.

If you can get out of the way of a faster vehicle, why wouldn’t you?

haddy:
Did anyone see the clip on the 6.30 ITV news tonight of the Sensible Transport wagon tail-gating ? I think he was getting a little bit irate. If you missed it the 10 o’ clock news will probably show the same clip.

Yep, found that pretty ironic. Looked like a car transporter as well (briefly saw a ladder attached to the grille)

Scanner:
In tailgating situations, why is it always the driver of the rearmost vehicle who is the big bad wolf? If the vehicle in front wasn’t there, the situation couldn’t occur.

Like that berk on the 6.30 ITV news clip with the camera on the parcel shelf, slamming the anchors on every 20 metres? Full video was discussed on here a couple of year ago.

nickb67:

Scanner:

Like that berk on the 6.30 ITV news clip with the camera on the parcel shelf, slamming the anchors on every 20 metres? Full video was discussed on here a couple of year ago.

I haven’t seen the clip, but it doesn’t sound very nice. Is it my imagination or is it only really a problem in the UK and Ireland? Continental drivers of all kinds of vehicles just seem to want to get where they’re going, instead of taking every move by others around them as a personal slight or challenge. I don’t get it.

Modern day British society, no respect. All me, me, me and ■■■■ everybody else.

Why is it always assumed that any new sensible-sounding law is going to be over-zealously applied?

Plods are not idiots. They are going to be looking for folk that are clearly taking the ■■■■. :wink:

maga:
look out national express drivers :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

I bet the feds wont be stoping them and booking the driver in front of all the passengers.in my eyes they are the worst offenders .

On the other hand do we want every car diving into lane 1 as they do!

Dan Punchard:

maga:

I bet the feds wont be stoping them and booking the driver in front of all the passengers.in my eyes they are the worst offenders .

I think they are too! the M1 and M40 north from London is full of these ‘professionals.’

take a look at the driver next time he goes past, they look as if their eyes are glazed over in a trance.

maga:

Dan Punchard:

maga:

I think they are too! the M1 and M40 north from London is full of these ‘professionals.’

take a look at the driver next time he goes past, they look as if their eyes are glazed over in a trance.

Can’t imagine anything much more despressing that national express/megabus driving. Up and down the motorway, but unlike trunking you have smelly/noisy/whining passengers for company rather than your favourite music/radio show.

Hell. No wonder they go so fast, wanting to get the journey done with.

tachograph:
I agree as long as the police don’t just target lorry drivers.

Careless drivers face on-the-spot fixed penalties

:smiley: :smiley: That’s an honest observation, admission, and recognition of who are the worst offenders then!

Drive carefully fella’s.

deltawing:
im pretty sure there will be common sense used on the part of whoever is issuing the ticket, and trucks overtaking is never going to be a quick manoeuvre

thing is how many trucks actually sit in lane 2 for mile after mile. i was travelling down the M6 a few weeks ago and the info signs all said dont hog the middle lane and the only ppl that were ignoring it were fat old birds in 4x4s, it must be something about expensive cars that makes ppl think they can do what they like

I managed about 8 miles in lane 2 about 2 months ago, left Trafford Park heading for Leeds just as the rush hour started, out into lane 2 to over take, and passed all the Sunday drivers in lane 1, got back into lane 1 at the last junction before windy hill, there was no big gaps for me to pull back into, would that be classed as lane hogging?

weeto:
I managed about 8 miles in lane 2 about 2 months ago, left Trafford Park heading for Leeds just as the rush hour started, out into lane 2 to over take, and passed all the Sunday drivers in lane 1, got back into lane 1 at the last junction before windy hill, there was no big gaps for me to pull back into, would that be classed as lane hogging?

No, that’s called overtaking :slight_smile:

deltawing:
'…dailymail.co.uk/news/article … -lane.html

‘…About time they brought this in over here…’

Yeah, right :unamused:

Did anyone hear Zoe Ball saying how annoyed she gets when people use “the fast lane” when they could be in “the slow lane” :unamused: While people still think in these terms there is little hope…

How will it be policed■■? you dont see many of them about!!! would it be cameras or something like that■■? :slight_smile:

Winseer:

martinviking:
What ■■■■■■ me off most is the Numpty’s on an empty motorway, sitting in the middle lane at 54.5 mph.
You see 'em 2 miles in the distance & slowly reel them in, then just as you are undertaking them, they put their foot down to 56 mph for a couple of minutes ! Then the game starts again ! Grrrrrrrr !

When I’m on the Bandit, I go across from lane 1 to lane 3 then all the way back into lane 1, just to prove a point. Funny as F(zb) when there’s 20 of us on bikes & we overtake/undertake @ ‘70’ mph. (Don’t half wake 'em up !)

I see 4x4 drivers on some kind of “fuel economy drive” by sitting there doing just under your limiter speed… If you are going fast enough to pull out into the middle lane, they’ll 'kin accererate by 2mph so you’re high and dry and have to drop back in behind, when they’ll slow up again.
:imp: :imp: :imp: :imp: :imp:
Never mind road hogs. I’d ticket every bugger driving a 4x4 anywhere except the country which is supposed to be where they’re designed for. :angry:

I DRIVE A VOLVO 4X4 XC 90 I WOULD LOVE TOO SEE YOU TRY AND CATCH ME BOY