Christian Salvesen's - pleasant surprise

Got sorted with some agency work last week for Salvesen’s at Normanton on nights. £9/hr and time 1.5 after 8hrs. Seem like decent guys down there - Andy & Dave on the traffic desk. Did 5 trunk runs each night from there to Ronseal at M1 J35A to pick up full loads and back again in a 51 reg DAF85 380.

Absolute piece of wee-wee and totally enjoyed it. Looking forward to going back there next week! :smiley:

Is Christian Salvesons at Normanton Swifts depot ? in the 70’s/80’s I worked for Swifts and used to go to the depot there most nights.

I seem to remember they were taken over by C S.

Rob K:
Got sorted with some agency work last week for Salvesen’s at Normanton on nights. £9/hr and time 1.5 after 8hrs. Seem like decent guys down there - Andy & Dave on the traffic desk. Did 5 trunk runs each night from there to Ronseal at M1 J35A to pick up full loads and back again in a 51 reg DAF85 380.

Absolute piece of wee-wee and totally enjoyed it. Looking forward to going back there next week! :smiley:

Rob let me get this one straight please? you went to work for CS and they actually knew you were there and why you were there also they actually knew where you were going in the truck and WHY you were going there in the truck?.

Sounds like a fluke to me, wait until you go to Easton one night i had to explain the difference in a sphincter and an elbow to the little [zb] behind the window.

Was it true they actually got legally challenged for having the word logistic in their name?.

Draw the line with that one…L.:wink:

One and the same Pat.

Ken.

jammymutt:

Rob K:

Rob let me get this one straight please? you went to work for CS and they actually knew you were there and why you were there also they actually knew where you were going in the truck and WHY you were going there in the truck?.

Sounds like a fluke to me, wait until you go to Easton one night i had to explain the difference in a sphincter and an elbow to the little [zb] behind the window.

Was it true they actually got legally challenged for having the word logistic in their name?.

:laughing: @ Jammy! glad you got something sorted by the way Rob!

Mal.

Just snipping the quote.L. :wink:

:smiley: Cheers Mal. There were no signs of illegal immigrants either :open_mouth:

Quinny:
One and the same Pat.

Ken.

I wonder if any of the old crew are there like ‘Cornflake’ Eddie Crier and the mobb, the guy’s who transfered from Boston depot.