China Clay, St Austell

Got a collection from here in the next couple of weeks.

Can anyone tell me the best route in and where exactly do you go for loading. I presume it’s in the dock, entrance after the hairpin bend with traffic lights… where after that?

All the times I’ve loaded china clay it’s never been in the docks is always been in the middle of no where, have you not got a better address

Are you sure it’s not Parkandillick or Blackpool driers? Both near St Austell

There are so many different places to load down there you really need as much info as is humanly possible!

Cheers lads, guess I wont know for sure until I see the paperwork :imp:

there is a place at Par dock, you go under a bridge that is signed as something like 12’, but, it has been dug out, and is high enough to get under

as has already been mentioned, there are lots of places in that area that will load china clay

more info is needed

If I remember rightly parr docks is by a holiday camp isn’t it?

there are two places to collect from so the best thing is to ring them and ask their advice and ways in and out - I know the one half way down the main drag to st Austell has a ■■■■ post code and its better to follow the signs for eden project and then go straight over the mini roundabout and the site comes up on the right - the other is indeed on par docks under the not so low bridge
the number for IMERYS at St dennis - is 01726 828890 - they’ll put you right for the other sites
cheers
Steve

St Dennis Goonvean?

Are you loading for euro land ? If so and you know the destination that may help has to which quarry you will want.
If you get the Goonveans, Greenslpat works, dont follow your sat nat.
There are loads of China clay quarries in that area and some are a real pain to find.
Re-post when you have the name and I am sure someone will help out.

I don’t know where it’s for or from which plant yet. I did some loads from there years ago and every one of them was out the Docks so to be honest I wasn’t aware there were loads of collection points… perhaps there wasn’t 30 years ago!

Gaffer just mentioned last night there could be some loads out of CC over the next fortnight so if they come about I’ll get back on here for help :blush: