Checking Fuel Cards

lol Nathan.
No we don’t need permission to refuel.

Yet :smiley:

Winseer:
You get this sort of thing a lot - turn up at a new yard as agency, and everyone there expects you to psychically know the entire job, with all the fiddly bits like Pin numbers for all the cards for all the different tractors off by heart on your first trip out. :unamused:

Yeah so true… Ask questions, get spoken to like a child.

I had a problem with my BP fuel card a few weeks ago, was in Hilton park nearly an hour trying to get it sorted, it was damaged on the swipe bit so wouldn’t register and for some silly reason there new systems you can’t key in the long card number, also wouldn’t take credit card payment over the phone, in the end the staff rang someone who knew what they was doing, cut a nectar card up and swiped it, this acted as if a card is present then could key in the number off my card, long winded!!

F-reds:
Out of interest what is the point of putting an expiry date on a fuel card anyway■■? Surely either you have a credit account with a fuel firm or you don’t? !

I have a bank account but my debit card has an expiry date, account is still active though.

I have a driving licence but my D/L has an expiry date.

Both of which have a point… A fuel card expiry doesn’t as far I can see.

Dunno why they bother checking cards nowadays, you’d have to be thick as ■■■■■ to rob fuel from a petrol station & even if it was declined, they know where you live & will bleed it from you eventually.

Silver_Surfer:
Dunno why they bother checking cards nowadays, you’d have to be thick as [zb] to rob fuel from a petrol station & even if it was declined, they know where you live & will bleed it from you eventually.

once watched a latvian reg truck driver hand in a bp card at check out, cashier looks at it and tells the guy it ok he can go fill up, guy goes and fill’s up the truck then gets in over truck and drives off, tuns out the fuel card had been stolen the night before from a truck in thurrock. was in the same petrol station a month later and asked if they ever got the guy and the answer was no and the police suspected that the reg numbers were false

I was filling up and at Haydock this morning and parked behind an artic that I thought was waiting for fuel, the driver came over to tell me to go around him, seems he handed the card in filled up about £400 worth and the card was declined.
Turns out the card has a limit to how much can be filled in one sitting and he went over it, the guy was agency and understandably fuming as know one had explained this to him at the depot.
He had been there an hour when I arrived.

Silver_Surfer:
Dunno why they bother checking cards nowadays, you’d have to be thick as [zb] to rob fuel from a petrol station & even if it was declined, they know where you live & will bleed it from you eventually.

It’s illegal to fill up if you have not got the means to pay, so yeah, your right. ANPR and CCTV will make sure they get you!

I just fill up on the car pumps. Only one trip into the shop that way

I appreciate the odd one gets away with it but not really worth the risk of getting stingered & man handled on the m25 for £500.