chambers and cook

does anyone have any pics of there trucks especially the older ones thanx

These have got a depot down Birmingham way at the side of the Motorway, Im sure its by the M5.

They run low profile DAF XF’s and some Iveco Rigid’s

James

Only ones I can find in my collection are as follows:

cheers thanx for the pics , i worked there a few years back an wanted a picture of my old erf ,6 wheel unit on the megas !! im gutted that i aint got any fotos of it !!!

Here’s a few

GB591.jpg

GB414.jpg

GB309.jpg

09 004.jpg

I think it is ok to post the last 3 photos as the website in question is no longer active :smiley: :question:

Chris

a few more… :slight_smile:

CandCDAF.jpg

shrek how long ago the reason i ask is i ran to germany with tony haywood chambers n cook subbie and im sure his name was gary a chambers n cook driver in one of them lowride erfs i was on for as taylor and we all went to cat at achim

thanx for the photos mate they are great , i remember seeing those trucks as a kid cos im only young haha , you must have been helping chambers out with the achim loads with a mate of mine mike p , the erfs were unpopular with most of the lads but i loved mine !!! S2 CCF what a machine!!!

I used to go as a “drivers mate” with various drivers when I was about 14 … I went on several trips with Cyril Stringer - he was a great guy… But I also went with Dave Danks, Bob…( can’t remember his surname, but he was an owner driver and his dad Lou worked there too), plus a few others whose names I just can’t remember (one of them drove a DAF 2500 draw bar combination)

Happy days…

Chris

Heres some more pictures for ya.
A658 VOJ (Small).jpg
B498 COG (Small).jpg
JMO 626P (Small).jpg
NOB 183X (Small).jpg
NOX 1X (Small).jpg
SWE 803Y (Small).jpg
W&D 566 (Small).jpg
WNF 315S (Small).jpg
YFJ176S (Small).jpg.

coffers88. Bobs surname was olarenshaw, well that How I think its spelt, crap at spelling :laughing: Drawbar drivers name Jeff watson [Sqeaky] ■■?.

cheers swinman.

hi lads some great pics there , even the old transporte international trucks ,i dont think they run any more of them they had just 2 trucks with T.I on when i left , bob olorenshaw is transport manager at petes haulage in landor st now , an i think squeaky is the yard shunter these days !!!

Hi shrek76. How come bob left ■■?. He was part of the furniture there :laughing: . Cheers Swinman.

chambers and cook are old skool… still got their roots and hav’nte sold out like rh.

hi mate i think bob just had enough cos he was starting work on a monday nite and doin a groupage load round belgium , holland sometimes germany then he would do the weekend job back from brussels and get back to the yard early hours of sunday !!! ,he seems much happier now hes at home every nite !!!

Hi shrek76, How many of them lowride ERFs did Chambers and Cooke have, cause when i used to work for Widdowsons Leicester, i always used to chat to a lad when i was in the yard who used to drive an ERF Olympic lowride…

shrek yeah i know mike p mate a top fella mike had the old 142 when i had the old magnum :wink:

excellent photos Swinman - that brings back memories for me . I have mentioned in another thread that my interest in C&C is that I used to go on trips with several of the drivers as a teenager during my summer hols. I remember Bob’s DAF well as that was the first truck I ever went in - we did the Grimbergen trip for Caterpillar.

NOX 1X is familiar too as I am sure that was Cyril’s truck and I went with him a few times too - a few times in one of the Transport Internationale trucks too.

Ahh happy memories, happy days

Chris

gunnerheskey:
Hi shrek76, How many of them lowride ERFs did Chambers and Cooke have, cause when i used to work for Widdowsons Leicester, i always used to chat to a lad when i was in the yard who used to drive an ERF Olympic lowride…

2 of em mate. bubble had 1 and a lad from manchester cant remember his name. then i got it and before that had m938 pof which is pictured above. so that photo could have been of me.

is mr mack still there ■■. must be 50 years at c+c now ■■. i left when they took on that idiot ian rose. anyone remember him ■■?

andy waldron (walrus) is in the traffic office these days.

hi lads sorry i aint posted for a bit ive been flat out !!! ,andy waldron is back on the road again after a good few years on his arse haha , hes a good lad he drove my chambers truck for my wedding !!! yeah johnny mac is still on the road and workin hard !!! hes 65 now !!!