Car more powerful than your truck?

Scarab:
Chav central on here is it?

I know… lets have a TruckNet meet every Friday down the local Maccy D’s then we can all rev our engines and shout lots.

Nowt chavvy about a land rover of course…but the rest of you!

Innit mate!

Yep, nowt chavvy about the original chelsea tractor :open_mouth: :smiley: :wink:

Must admit i do like landy’s, the turbo ford’s are great cars, ugly as ■■■■ mind you, jelly mould shape, mainly not very good colours!!

Bottom line is all about the engine, the cosworth engine is tunable as hell and can make serious power for not a lot of money, trouble is it’s wrapped by a sierra/■■■■■■ and costs a lot of money to wrap it in something else :smiley:

If i had my way and the money i’d have a 550+ bhp 2l cosworth turbo, with 4 wheel drive in a dax rush, now that would make for a mental car :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :smiley: :smiley: :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

oh well, if you want a proper chavs car then this is my little runabout

] :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

chaversdad:

I actual like them, just don’t think i could have it in orange :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

How bad are they with torque steer?

not bad at all as standard, but mines mapped to 300 bhp and you need to keep both hands on the wheel if your setting off quickly :open_mouth: :smiley:
btw the missus picked the colour, i wanted a red one

Never mind, at least you got a red house. My missus made me go for a Yorkshire stone coloured 4 bedroomed one, but I had it mapped to 3 bedroomed with on suite and office space. I think I might be able to squeeze a bit more out of it if I do something with the pluming. I have just managed to get a bit more downforce by altering the angle of the guttering.

drew128:
Never mind, at least you got a red house. My missus made me go for a Yorkshire stone coloured 4 bedroomed one, but I had it mapped to 3 bedroomed with on suite and office space. I think I might be able to squeeze a bit more out of it if I do something with the pluming. I have just managed to get a bit more downforce by altering the angle of the guttering.

FPMSL

Found a photo of mine, it was always dirty and looking well abused :smiling_imp: :

My spotless 200bhp S2 RST:

Both long gone and forgotten now though, i’ve got a TDCi Mondeo and for the weekends and time off i’ve got this:

Pic of one of a few quite powerful cars I had before realising I’d like to live a little longer!!!

The focus ST is a nipply little bugger , test drove a couple of them …
Been thinking of getting one in the future in Performance blue …Funnily enough the orange colour does seem to grow on you .
Fun to drive and no torque steer as standard , the electrickery sorts it all out .
Very impressive motor .

Only if you can make it as quick as my bike

No chance ,bit it will kill it on torque :laughing:

My dads new Audi is 170bhp diesel, and my new car will be 150bhp diesel, which isnt far off the lowest powered diesel in our fleet at 210bhp. Nowhere near the 310bhp that my truck has though.

another one I just found… this was on one of them around Europe “rallies”, 300 miles, 9 countries, 4 days!!!

Fuel bill, just over £700!

Taken in Biarritz…

This is my ride at our summer residence in Costa del Katowice, downforce is not a problem with the wife’s mother riding shotgun. I have had it up to 60 kph with a tail wind, but most of my teeth fell out.

i know its a fiat but whats the model

An original 500?

Its a Polish built Fiat er 126 I think, the badges fell off, that or 127, to me its a pair of green underpants.

Very hi tech though, it has a sort of engine brake operated in a few different ways, turning full beam on or the radio.

chaversdad:

Jeez, you’re brave, having one of them in Middlesbrough - where do you park it, Stokesley?? :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

TC

drew128:
Its a Polish built Fiat er 126 I think, the badges fell off, that or 127, to me its a pair of green underpants.

Very hi tech though, it has a sort of engine brake operated in a few different ways, turning full beam on or the radio.

it’s a 126 :wink:

chaversdad:

i loved that colour so much I have our trucks part painted in it - too chicken to go for the all over “electric orange” look :wink:

The one thing that puts me off the Focus ST …
They get nicked , A LOT …
Thrashed by a joy rider , people break into your house for the keys , stolen to break for parts …Stolen to be shipped abroad .

Scarab:
Chav central on here is it?

I know… lets have a TruckNet meet every Friday down the local Maccy D’s then we can all rev our engines and shout lots.

Nowt chavvy about a land rover of course…but the rest of you!

Innit mate!

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

PMSL

As road tax in ireland is priced on cc (the lower the cc the cheaper the road tax) we bought a vw jetta tsi last year. It’s only got a 1400cc engine but has 170 bhp.
Goes like ■■■■ off a polished shovel :wink: :sunglasses:
Dunno how it would compare to a 460 actros thou :question:

any car can get nicked from anywhere, if you look at it like that you would never own anything decent… i live on a council estate and me and the local idiots have a good relationship, they dont try and steal anything from me and i wont come and get them in the middle of the night and break their legs with a wheelbrace :smiley: its worked well for the last few years, if you have your house fully alarmed you shouldnt get any bother with people trying to break in for keys either

btw drew128, that went straight past me…sorry but i didnt get it :unamused: