Cannon Park M/boro AVOID overnight

On Wednesday night I parked up in Cannon Park and was somewhat supprised at the no charge for truck parking overnight policy and have to admit that the local council policy of having a warden service a bit like sheletered accomodation is fully functioning and the staff are very thorough.

Every 15 minutes from 1900 (NO EXAGERATION) through to 0400 they send a young/old lady/man/boy/girl round to knock on your door to makes sure you are OK.

And once again it seems the local council operate a policy of non discrimination due to the fact that the workforce seemed to be made up of all genders :open_mouth: Race and ■■■■■■ orientation.

So well done boro council oh and by the way the next time you have a truck driver fall asleep whilst driving on your patch and rob you of a number of council tax payers you may want to look at your sheltered truckers accomodation policy again :angry: :angry:

Where were the old bill ? probably out scraping up someone off a road that had been wiped out by a trucker :angry:

if Cannon Park is a designated truck park
write to council and complain
cos we on here can only listen :laughing:
is the Cleveland truckstop now closed ?

hitch:
if Cannon Park is a designated truck park
write to council and complain
cos we on here can only listen :laughing:
is the Cleveland truckstop now closed ?

No its not a designated truck stop mate or for that matter a licensed brothel as far as I know.

It was just a poor attempt at sarcasm and humour (clearly did not work :blush: )

Sarcasm its like humour but different :unamused:

Canon Park is right on the edge of the local druggie area. Its almost famous for drivers being woken up every 10 minutes. In Fact any where near Middlesbrough Town centre is not a good place to park

Your better off going 4 minutes further down the A66 and parking outside the Navigation Pub (Also free)

or a couple minutes further than that and the Truckstop near the Asda supermarket -signposted from the A66.

after that go to the end of the A66 (T junction Roundabout), turn right up over next roundabout past Wilton and keep going to the junction of the A174 turn left (look to your right you will see the layby your heading for) , go past the village on your left take the slip road marked Wilton Castle double back and park in the layby, the village opposite has two pubs that both do food and your still only 10 minutes away from the town centre

Rikki-UK:
or a couple minutes further than that and the Truckstop near the Asda supermarket -signposted from the A66.

Yep I found that one the day after Rikki good showers decent grub and I think it was 12 quid with a food voucher showers were very clean and a secure place.
It has a security hut and barrier there were a few harbour police vehicles in there.

Rikki-UK:
after that go to the end of the A66 (T junction Roundabout), turn right up over next roundabout past Wilton and keep going to the junction of the A174 turn left (look to your right you will see the layby your heading for) , go past the village on your left take the slip road marked Wilton Castle double back and park in the layby, the village opposite has two pubs that both do food and your still only 10 minutes away from the town centre

That would be the big layby I guess…I stop there for grub when im in and out of the wilton site.

Theres two laybys, the one closest to Wilon entrance roundabout has the snack bar but is a bit further to walk into the village, the other one further up as you come from Redcar towards Boro has a small no overnight parking sign which everyone ignores and is closer to the pubs :wink: .

That said its only a 10 minute at most from the furthest point from either

One of my mates had one of these night watch women in his cab at birkenhead. He gave her some verbal abuse as he had no intention of giving her any money. She got very wound up, opened the door and stepped out. Trouble is, She forgot she was in a truck. :laughing:

limeyphil:
One of my mates had one of these night watch women in his cab at birkenhead. He gave her some verbal abuse as he had no intention of giving her any money. She got very wound up, opened the door and stepped out. Trouble is, She forgot she was in a truck. :laughing:

Hope he had all his jabs beforehand…cos she will have :wink:

Cannon Park was a regular haunt, as was the Bongo Club, Zetland pub. Are they still open?

The Bongo is still going, dont know about the Zetland, both were/are “interesting” places to visit :wink: :wink:

Rikki-UK:
The Bongo is still going, dont know about the Zetland, both were/are “interesting” places to visit :wink: :wink:

Would that be because of the cultural and historical diversity of the place :laughing:

thecoder0:

Rikki-UK:

Would that be because of the cultural and historical diversity of the place :laughing:

I remember the little hatch in the door, when it opened it was as black as coal :stuck_out_tongue: