Can we get a notification function?

In another forum i use (football) its probably the slickest in terms of user friendly forum ive ever encountered. I have never seen this function on any other forum.

Well basically when someone quotes you, you get a little notification notice and you get a list of all the quotes you click it and it takes you right to the post. Its just sometimes i see on occasion when someone bumps a thread someone has quoted me in the thread or such like and i just never knew about it.

I dont know how forums work so trucknet might not be able to make it work but i think this would be a great little tool for this place.

There must be 1 as I get them on my e mail account not sure how it is set up tbh :blush: :blush:

Try the function “watching this topic” when you comment on one

I think you’re referring to email alerts for when there’s a new post in subscribed threads animal,
merc0447 is talking about alerts for quotes which I’m pretty certain isn’t available.

I doubt that feature is available in phpBB without a lot of extra coding … could be wrong though :wink:

merc0447:
In another forum i use (football) its probably the slickest in terms of user friendly forum ive ever encountered. I have never seen this function on any other forum.

does the football forum use the same software as TruckNet

Denis F:

merc0447:

I dont really know what software is which but i asked a mod on the other forum and he says their software is this invisionpower.com/products/b … ts_new.php

Centralized Notifications NEW

IP.Board 3.1 introduces a brand new centralized notifications system. Notifications have been available in the past for several events (topic subscriptions, etc.), but they used disparate generation systems. The new notifications system provides consistent, central management of notifications, as well as several new events that can send notifications (such as ‘someone quoted my post’). Notification options are now managed in a single interface in the UserCP. Developers, of course, can hook into the new framework to generate notifications for their own applications.

merc0447:

Denis F:

merc0447:

I dont really know what software is which but i asked a mod on the other forum and he says their software is this invisionpower.com/products/b … ts_new.php

Centralized Notifications NEW

IP.Board 3.1 introduces a brand new centralized notifications system. Notifications have been available in the past for several events (topic subscriptions, etc.), but they used disparate generation systems. The new notifications system provides consistent, central management of notifications, as well as several new events that can send notifications (such as ‘someone quoted my post’). Notification options are now managed in a single interface in the UserCP. Developers, of course, can hook into the new framework to generate notifications for their own applications.

TruckNet uses phpBB so I doubt it’s technically possible ( without deleting the whole lot and starting again) :wink: