Can i work these days/hours?

Booked a few days off to try a new job will be starting at 6pm on Saturday until Monday morning, then back to my old job on Tuesday to Friday. Few people have said i cant do this because its 7 days but from my understanding i can work 6 24 hour periods before i need a weekly rest so i need to be finished on Friday by 6pm. Is this correct?

Ryan99:
Booked a few days off to try a new job will be starting at 6pm on Saturday until Monday morning, then back to my old job on Tuesday to Friday. Few people have said i cant do this because its 7 days but from my understanding i can work 6 24 hour periods before i need a weekly rest so i need to be finished on Friday by 6pm. Is this correct?

Your starting at 6 pm sat - mon morning !!

Ryan99:

Regs go by hours not days which is why the word DAY is not in the regs

144 hours max so Sat 6pm to Fri 6pm is legal
Do you get all the required daily rests in that 144 hours :question: - if yes then that is legal
Do you comply with the weekly rest requirements :question: - if yes then ok with that too

Ryan99:

As long as you finish on the Friday by 18:00 so you can have a 24 hours reduced weekly rest before starting on Saturday at 18:00, and finish by 18:00 on the following Friday (as you’ve said) you should be fine.

From the Drivers Hours and Tachograph Rules on the .gov website:
1.6 Weekly Rest Periods

Note: It is permitted to have more than 6 shifts between weekly rest
periods so long as compliant daily rest periods are taken between shifts
and there are not more than six consecutive 24-hour periods between the
weekly rests.

Also legal if you have 24 hours off between finishing monday morning, and starting again on tuesday, then in theory you could work all the way up until Sunday, before having 45 hours off.

That is assuming you have had atleast 24 hours off between last shift and starting new job at 6pm Saturday