Can i work 16 hours a day?

I opened my mind and discovered that a horse is a member of the Perissodactyla family of odd-toed ungulates who are hindgut fermenters which means that they digest plant celluose and turn it into crap :wink:

If your horse has made a test case out of you and you have some proof of what you are saying then post the link.

You could save many drivers a fortune who have been wrongly convicted of a drivers hours offence. Im going over the field to eat some nice tasty grass while Im waiting :stuck_out_tongue:

Wheel Nut:
I opened my mind and discovered that a horse is a member of the Perissodactyla family of odd-toed ungulates who are hindgut fermenters which means that they digest plant celluose and turn it into crap :wink:

If your horse has made a test case out of you and you have some proof of what you are saying then post the link.

You could save many drivers a fortune who have been wrongly convicted of a drivers hours offence. Im going over the field to eat some nice tasty grass while Im waiting :stuck_out_tongue:

like i said ā€œHIGH COURT LONDONā€

limeyphil:

Wheel Nut:

like i said ā€œHIGH COURT LONDONā€

limeyphil, WHEN were you pulled/prosecuted ?

i was pulled last year. thatā€™s when i quizzed vosa and the police. i like proving them wrong. i know the rules have changed a little since then.
however a high court ruling sets the president and until the queen, the court of appeal or the house of lords rule different then the president stays the same.

limeyphil:
i was pulled last year. thatā€™s when i quizzed vosa and the police. i like proving them wrong. i know the rules have changed a little since then.
however a high court ruling sets the president and until the queen, the court of appeal or the house of lords rule different then the president stays the same.

That may well be where the ā€œconfusionā€ lies ?

Iā€™m fairly sure that if you got pulled next week for the same offence, the result would be different.

dambuster:

limeyphil:

Iā€™m fairly sure that if you got pulled next week for the same offence, the result would be different.

iā€™m sure your right. he would be doing his duty to prosecute. but once in the magistrates court a good solicitor would quote a high court ruling and that would be that.

limeyphil:

The rules have changed, the UK is not a republic and until you can post something that proves you are correct than I will stick by the EU rules as amended in April 2007.

You cannot do a 4 + 8 resulting in a 16 hour day in road transport :exclamation:

limeyphil:

dambuster:

limeyphil:

iā€™m sure your right. he would be doing his duty to prosecute. but once in the magistrates court a good solicitor would quote a high court ruling and that would be that.

Until you can provide evidence of this court ruling Iā€™ll stick to the EU regulations :unamused:

Wheel Nut:

limeyphil:

The rules have changed, the UK is not a republic and until you can post something that proves you are correct than I will stick by the EU rules as amended in April 2007.

You cannot do a 4 + 8 resulting in a 16 hour day in road transport :exclamation:

Youā€™ve finally got it.
we are not a republic. we are a ā€œmonarchy with a democratic systemā€
Thatā€™s why we are different.

limeyphil:

Could you be missing the point that even a Judges Ruling (technical term) is superceded by a change in legislation ?

eg

Using a mobile, hand held mobile phone didnā€™t exist as an offence.

(Leaving alone the previous existing offences of careless/undue care offences)

But it does now.

the offences you list couldnā€™t have been superceded as they didnā€™t exist.
legislation is one thing.
law is another.
If someone puts a sign up saying ā€œprivate land. keep outā€. does that make it private land? no.
Just because an EU pen pusher says you canā€™t do this or that it doesnā€™t make it an offence if a judge says differently. a good solicitor will check on these things before you go to court.
this has been done. judges can see how hard it is to stick to the rules. thatā€™s why they set presidents. it helps simplify things and reduce court waiting times.

limeyphil:

Wheel Nut:

limeyphil:

Youā€™ve finally got it.
we are not a republic. we are a ā€œmonarchy with a democratic systemā€
Thatā€™s why we are different.

That is where we do agree, although for slightly different reasons :stuck_out_tongue:
We do not have Presidents, maybe you meant to type precedent.

We are a monarchy with a Queen. She asks an elected party in parliament to govern her country. At present we are full members of the European Union and have to abide by their laws which are applicable to all member states.

However the case remains that the law was changed on 11th April 2007 by using legislation from this agreement: (EEC) No 561/2006

This Regulation shall be binding in its entirety and directly applicable in all Member States.
Done at Strasbourg, 15 March 2006.
For the European Parliament
The President

J. BORRELL FONTELLES

H. WINKLER

Regulation (EEC) No 3820/85 is hereby repealed and replaced
by this Regulation. (EEC) No 561/2006

limeyphil:
Just because an EU pen pusher says you canā€™t do this or that it doesnā€™t make it an offence if a judge says differently.

Yes it does. The job of the judge and the rest of the legal system is NOT to make the laws but to interpret and implent them as they were at the time of the offence. The fact that the laws changed between the time of the offence and the time of the ruling in this case does not mean that the ruling has any bearing whatsoever on the new rules as the ruling was based entirely on the old rules as they are what was in force at the time of the offence. Itā€™s nothing to do with ā€œopening your mindā€ itā€™s a simple fact of how the legal system in this country works. The UK and/or EU governments make the laws and the judges and courts interpret and implement them.

Paul

limeyphil:
This may be what some EU pen pusher wrote.
However if the high court rules differently then that sets the law.
Which it did.
like i said ā€œopen up your mindā€

Okay put your Money where your Mouth is and Prove beyond reasonable Doubt that a Driver May take an 4 hr break followed by only an 8 hr rest period and be Legal :wink:

Obviously youā€™ve got the High Court Links for cases which came to court AFTER 11th April 2007 when the new legislation was introduced.

Iā€™ll happily put Ā£50 in any Charity Box of your Choice if you can Prove that I am wrong in saying its 3hrs + 9 hrs for split shift and 4+ 8 is not permitted under EU Rules.

Are you prepared to Match meā– ā– ?

Davey Driver:

limeyphil:
This may be what some EU pen pusher wrote.
However if the high court rules differently then that sets the law.
Which it did.
like i said ā€œopen up your mindā€

Okay put your Money where your Mouth is and Prove beyond reasonable Doubt that a Driver May take an 4 hr break followed by only an 8 hr rest period and be Legal :wink:

Obviously youā€™ve got the High Court Links for cases which came to court AFTER 11th April 2007 when the new legislation was introduced.

Iā€™ll happily put Ā£50 in any Charity Box of your Choice if you can Prove that I am wrong in saying its 3hrs + 9 hrs for split shift and 4+ 8 is not permitted under EU Rules.

Are you prepared to Match meā– ā– ?

I will double your fifty quid Davey, so 100 quid to LPā€™s favorite charity if as you say some old goat has judged the rules differently.

So Limeyphil open your wallet instead of your mind :wink:

Actually I would prefer phils money to go here. :smiley:

Malc, i havnt agreed to the new rules, ir discounted themā€¦so please do not refer to me as Some old goat or i may have to send the judge round, know what i mean.ā– ā– 

I suspect this is a wind up by limeyphil :wink:

tachograph:
I suspect this is a wind up by limeyphil :wink:

oh Bugger :laughing: :wink:

I asked that very question when stopped by the police/vosa checkpoint at the A419 junction 15 M4 Swindon around a month ago. Was told by the vosa operative the following, " the split rest still applies and a split rest period can be taking in two separate periods. the first must be more than 3 hours and the second more than 9 hours.

This is what i will believe, and do[/img]

audidriver:
I asked that very question when stopped by the police/vosa checkpoint at the A419 junction 15 M4 Swindon around a month ago. Was told by the vosa operative the following, " the split rest still applies and a split rest period can be taking in two separate periods. the first must be more than 3 hours and the second more than 9 hours.

This is what i will believe, and do[/img]

Thats right. itā€™s on the vosa website. 9+3 is ok.
:laughing: just couldnā€™t resist getting peoples backs up before :laughing: :smiling_imp: