Camera van - will I get done?

Agreed, my old place would pay the first speeding fine.

be carefull around them camera vans i passed one in north wales he could’nt get me for speeding so the swine got me for not wearing a seat belt instead, urtu pay some of your fines too but not for a seat belt unfortunatly

tubby:
be carefull around them camera vans i passed one in north wales he could’nt get me for speeding so the swine got me for not wearing a seat belt instead, urtu pay some of your fines too but not for a seat belt unfortunatly

Cant understand people whinging about getting done for not wearing a seat belt.
Is it a macho thang ?

Suedehead:

tubby:

Is it a macho thang ?

No, It’s a safety thing.

Suedehead:

tubby:

Is it a macho thang ?

I wouldnt say its macho…just a pain…but like all the rules they make just a cash cow, i didnt used to wear one at all in the car…had several warnings…so i had to give in or pay up, you can buy t-shirts that look like your wearing one…ill just wear one to keep everyone happy…seatbelt that is… :cry:

I had a conversation with a nice VOSA chap after being caught not wearing a seat belt.I told him that my usual ride was pre 2000 and didnt have a belt.He still gave me attitude made threats about tea and biccies with Aunt Joan etc.

hi buddy
hopefully if [zb] hits the fan you should have the option of 90 quid and a days course :smiley:
not ideal but better than points.
police are a bit too keen these days.
i am not condoning idiots but 33 mph sometimes,come on :unamused:

stobarttrucker:
hi buddy
hopefully if [zb] hits the fan you should have the option of 90 quid and a days course :smiley:

You don’t get the speed awareness course option in Scotland unless it’s recently been introduced. Points and a fine only up here I’m afraid.

i1072.photobucket.com/albums/w37 … 61dbbd.jpg

You’ll be safe if you wen past this one :slight_smile:

Bubbacpt:
Driving from near Glasgow to Mallaig, on Monday 27th May in an 18 tonne rigid, (class 1 driver) doing 50 mph on A82 at Rannoch Moor when I clocked a camera van about half to three quarters of a mile away on a long straight stretch of road, natural instinct was to brake, got it down to under 40 mph.
Don’t know if I’ll get done or not, Unite the union will pay the £60 fine but I’ll get 3 points on a clean license.
Two Ferguson’s of Spean Bridge lorries had just passed me (coming from opposite direction) and didn’t warn me as to the camera van, not their fault if I was speeding I understand but don’t we all follow the same rule and look out for one another, I know I do.
The camera van was operated by Northern Speed Camera Partnership, NSCP not the Police. It states on their website that they will say where they shall be located during each week however this site was not one of them, angry with myself as was proud of clean license.

Why mention that, was you ashamed of driving it?

damoq:

stobarttrucker:
hi buddy

You don’t get the speed awareness course option in Scotland unless it’s recently been introduced. Points and a fine only up here I’m afraid.

still dont as far as am aware

Northern Speed Camera Partnership is the local forces clubbing together to have one camera unit.
I know of people getting done from over 3/4 of a mile away if no traffic in front of them.
And more so in a vehicle that has a nice big radar silhouette!!

m1cks:
one of the reasons safety camera partnerships don’t work at night or in poor visibility).

Saw NSCP van last Sunday morning operating in a heavy mist on the A9 at Daviot.In a layby,just around a curve in the road,parked with no lights on.He would see a car with headlights on before they saw him.

m1cks:
The camera operator has to have suspicion you are speeding before activating the camera on you.

Bet you believe in fairies too :laughing: :laughing:

ajt:
Back windows have to be open to be ‘‘active’’

But how do you know they are open when you are travelling towards the front of the van.I was done a few weeks ago at Killiekrankie.I was picked up by the forward facing camera intended to nick bikers.According to the Tayside SCP website all their vans are now fitted with this system. To me ,this defeats the whole object of having the rear of the vans marked with red and yellow stripes to make them conpicuous.All they need on the front of the van is the speed camera logo.From 2-300mtrs away may not be possible to make it out.

I am of the opinion that a scamera operator will do whatever it takes to nick someone.They have to justify their jobs. A copper will use a bit of common sense,give and take,call it what you will. Just my opinion :wink:

Well tomorrow will be 14 days since the incident and I’ve still not heard anything yet, no one at work has mentioned anything either. Should I have heard by now or will it probably be this week?

Bubbacpt:
Well tomorrow will be 14 days since the incident and I’ve still not heard anything yet, no one at work has mentioned anything either. Should I have heard by now or will it probably be this week?

If it happens it happens, dont stress yourself out about something you have no control over. Chill ma main man :sunglasses:

Bubbacpt:

It depends. If your company is leasing its vehicles from someone else then it might just take a few days longer.

They have 14 days to get the letter to the owners of the vehicle - (not you).

Essexboy:

Santa:

Unite the union will pay the £60 fine

Really?

No chance!!

yep, 100%… you need unite drivercare. i think its an extra 50p on top of your normal union subs. I have it! and i would STRONGLY recommend anyone else gets it! as don’t forget, you will get access to union solicitors aswell, should you need it!

B…

mickyblue:

Bubbacpt:
Driving from near Glasgow to Mallaig, on Monday 27th May in an 18 tonne rigid, (class 1 driver) doing 50 mph on A82 at Rannoch Moor when I clocked a camera van about half to three quarters of a mile away on a long straight stretch of road, natural instinct was to brake, got it down to under 40 mph.
Don’t know if I’ll get done or not, Unite the union will pay the £60 fine but I’ll get 3 points on a clean license.
Two Ferguson’s of Spean Bridge lorries had just passed me (coming from opposite direction) and didn’t warn me as to the camera van, not their fault if I was speeding I understand but don’t we all follow the same rule and look out for one another, I know I do.
The camera van was operated by Northern Speed Camera Partnership, NSCP not the Police. It states on their website that they will say where they shall be located during each week however this site was not one of them, angry with myself as was proud of clean license.

Why mention that, was you ashamed of driving it?

Yes, i was devastated, LOL. Been driving so long now i really couldn’t care less what i’m driving as long as the wages are in the bank at the end of the month. Was just trying to describe the story that’s all.

Turbovision:
It depends. If your company is leasing its vehicles from someone else then it might just take a few days longer.

They have 14 days to get the letter to the owners of the vehicle - (not you).

I’d add that there is no time limit on any subsequent NIP’s should this be the case.

Bubbacpt:

i was driving a sprinter van about 3 weeks ago for an agency i am class 1 but it was a days work i was in bournmouth and was on a dual carriageway on some roadworks i pulled out past some cars after the roadworks and straight away spotted a camera van i slowed down to under 50 but too late, they got me for doing 58 in a 50 zone a bit petty but i was speeding so had to admit it on the paperwork that came through,you do have options on said paperwork i have opted for a safety awareness course which lasts a few hours at dorset police HQ costs more if they agree but no points on your licence,the cost for me is £110 pounds plus petrol to get there and the loss of a days pay but as i said no points so if you are nicked i would say thats your best option if you want to keep the points off,or you can accept the fine and 3 points