Calais to Belgium

:open_mouth: You shouldn’t mention ■■■■ otherwise you will have the anti smoking brigade on your case saying how you are lowering the tone of the thread and bringing it into disrepute !

Don’t mention you are looking for ■■■■ over there. They could take it as the American say it. and it might hurt. :laughing:

There is an app called truck parking Europe .from the App Store or google play if android gives truck stops, ind estates, and rest areas and it’s free

Habay is a good truckstop.It is near the Luxembourg border.Skewres of roast mixed meats.Friendly staff.Locals eat there.Hotel and decent showers.
Veurne is another one.Cafe and fuel pumps.Jet wash.

limeyphil:
Don’t mention you are looking for ■■■■ over there. They could take it as the American say it. and it might hurt. :laughing:

Also, sticking your finger in a dyke means something entirely different as well.

toby1234abc:
Habay is a good truckstop.It is near the Luxembourg border.

I suspect he’ll want to stop at one thats a little more, “on-route”.

Saaamon:

toby1234abc:
Habay is a good truckstop.It is near the Luxembourg border.

I suspect he’ll want to stop at one thats a little more, “on-route”.

Aye, Habay is a bit off route if you’re going Calais - Antwerp - Rotterdam :laughing: :laughing:

Whats the limit for tobacco i can bring back legally :smiley:

adam1987:

There is no limit, but customs have “guidelines”.
It was 60 pouches, I think it might be 20 now. They may ask you to role one to check if you smoke role ups.
Don’t bring back different brands, That just stands out like a sore thumb that you’re flogging it.

adam1987:

Theres no limits if you stay with in the EU but if you bring back more than 1kg and get stopped they may start asking questions.

maximum 800 cigarettes or maximum 1 kilo tobacco…within europe…

http://www1.zoll.de/english_version/a0_passenger_traffic/a0_holidays/index.html

In germany have additional another restriction, i´m not sure if there is the same in other countrys

Restricted amounts of journey free

Belong to one of the three person groups listed followingly, special quantities and value tax exemption limits apply to you for goods brought to Germany so:

a ) resident of a municipality near the border to a non-EU member state
The restricted journey tax exemption limits apply to residents of municipalities near the border if they enter the country at a place which it less than 15 kilometers of beeline of the limit is remote for her municipality and hasn’t led her journey out in the neighboring non-EU member state over surroundings of 15 kilometers of beeline around the place of the entry provably

b) limit employee
Limit employees are persons who exceed for the practice of her ordinary occupational activity on the days they work on, the limit. This concerns both Germans which go to the neighboring non-EU member state to work and persons of a neighboring non-EU member state who work in Germany.
The restricted amounts of journey free apply to limit employees if they enter the country on the occasion of a journey to your place of work.

c ) Persons who are professionally active on means of transportation (e. g. truck driver) used commercially or as a travelling companion and normally more frequently than once per month enter the country from a non-EU member state.

The following prerequisites must be given for a tax-free import of goods:

1. , the goods are determined for the personal Ge or consumption, for a member of his household or as a present,
  2. , the entrant leads her and with himself
  3. , the goods aren’t intended for commercial purposes.

If these three conditions are filled, then the following are for quantities and value limits:

Tobacco, if the traveler is old for at least 17 years:
â—¦40 cigarettes or
â—¦20 cigarillos or
â—¦10 cigars or
â—¦50 g smoke tobacco or
â—¦a proportionate composition of these goods.

Other goods
â—¦up to a goods value of altogether 90 euros; being allowed to not be allotted to food of the daily need any more than 30 euros of this.

http://www.zoll.de/DE/Privatpersonen/Reisen/Reisen-nach-Deutschland/Zoll-und-Steuern/Eingeschraenkte-Freimengen/eingeschraenkte-freimengen_node.html

Only 800 ■■■■
Can i bring tobacco ontop of that

adam1987:
Only 800 ■■■■

Nope, it’s ■■■■ or tobacco, or a mix.
So 400 ■■■■ and 1/2 kilo of tobacco for eg.

adam1987:
Only 800 ■■■■

Your not suppose to but many do,just don’t get caught. :wink:

If you do intend to get both get 2 receipts so if you do get stopped produce just one of them and they will let you on your merry way. :wink:

adam1987:
Again thank you, first time on the wrong side of the road for me
If i do get the time toby i certainly will be having a look around
I just need a rack for my bike to mount it on the back off the cab, ive had dumbells for ages
:smiley:

Thought you went to s&k to do europe :question:

kiwitaff:

adam1987:
I just need a rack for my bike to mount it on the back off the cab, ive had dumbells for ages

Sadly it wasnt for me at the time , missus and baby come first
Single now though :smiley:

There are no limits on how much you can bring fact.

hmrc.gov.uk/…/arrivingeu.htm

adam1987:

kiwitaff:

adam1987:

Sadly it wasnt for me at the time , missus and baby come first
Single now though :smiley:

cool, who you gone with ? s&k again

Saaamon:
There are no limits on how much you can bring fact.

hmrc.gov.uk/…/arrivingeu.htm

That maybe so but try explaining that to the douanes when they search your motor,one did it to me,politely in no certain terms told me 400 ■■■■ and 1 kilo of baccy end of.
We will take the rest.That was going on the train they seem more relaxed if you catch the boat.