BZH???

A white Premium pulling a French fridge passed me today. The country of origin letters on the registration plate were BZH. Where the hell had he come from?

Breton - Brittany - France

the vehicle in question came from the old yugoslavia, which has splitinto three or more parts, the country is BOSNIA-HERZOGANIA :I MAY not be too perfect with the spelling but the BZH is for the above country mate,

brit pete:
the vehicle in question came from the old yugoslavia, which has splitinto three or more parts, the country is BOSNIA-HERZOGANIA :I MAY not be too perfect with the spelling but the BZH is for the above country mate,

Bosnia is BIH according to a couple of web sites I’ve just browsed so is BZH unofficial like the SP you sometimes see on Spanish vehicles?

I PLEAD GUILTY my lord, sorry i was wrong and CM is right ,it is
THE INDEPENDENT state of ““BRETON”” in france better know as BRITTANY:::

Well done men! Here I am thinking he’s from bloody miles away and he was just. about nearer to home than I was.

BiH to be totally correct ( ‘i’ is Srpski for ‘and’ and is never capitalised) but it may be accompanied by an unofficial sticker of RS wich is used to show Republika Srpska i.e. the Serb area of BiH.

BiH alone is likely to be from the ‘other’ areas of BiH.

SAMO SLOGA SRBINA SPASAVA.

SMRT ALBANCIMA!!

Does anyone know if there is a tendency to move away from the SI convention with County Codes? To date all country of origin codes have been two letter codes but with the advent of many new states joining the world community the two letter codes may be running out? Anyone any insight?

I’m surprised the French haven’t adopted the 2 finger sign on their vehicles,as that’s what they seem to do to everyone else.

Ken.

CM:
Does anyone know if there is a tendency to move away from the SI convention with County Codes? To date all country of origin codes have been two letter codes but with the advent of many new states joining the world community the two letter codes may be running out? Anyone any insight?

Three lettered codes have been around for a while (IRL, USA, GBZ etc) haven’t they?

BZH = Breizh, meaning Brittany in the Breton language (which is close to the Welsh and Cornish languages). If it’s got BZH on the back and a 29 registration it’s very likely that the bloke at the wheel prefers to be called Breton rather than French as the independence movement is pretty strong over there.

And staying with the theme of three letter symbols, anyone seen KER on trucks from Cornwall (Kernow) ?

i see a few st petroc flags on pixie landers

i’m down in gaol city next bank holiday

an emmet taking wealth their

i’ve heard their strange out west so i dont go that far

hitch:
i’ve heard their strange out west so i dont go that far

:smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp: :smiling_imp:

Craig 111:
And staying with the theme of three letter symbols, anyone seen KER on trucks from Cornwall (Kernow) ?

see a lot of St Piran flags

and the occasional

CM:
Does anyone know if there is a tendency to move away from the SI convention with County Codes? To date all country of origin codes have been two letter codes

Vehicle codes have always been either one letter - D, I, F, L - two letters - GB, NL, DK, PL - or three letter - USA, GBZ, GBJ, GBG, AND. Are the two letter codes you refer to the internet domain codes for each country as they are two letters?

mrpj:
Bosnia is BIH according to a couple of web sites I’ve just browsed so is BZH unofficial like the SP you sometimes see on Spanish vehicles?

SP on Spanish trucks isn’t a country code, it stands for - Servicio Publico - which indicates a Spanish commercial vehicle.

Coffeeholic:

CM:
Does anyone know if there is a tendency to move away from the SI convention with County Codes? To date all country of origin codes have been two letter codes

Vehicle codes have always been either one letter - D, I, F, L - two letters - GB, NL, DK, PL - or three letter - USA, GBZ, GBJ, GBG, AND. Are the two letter codes you refer to the internet domain codes for each country as they are two letters?

Perhaps I am confusing the issue, now its been posted its obvious that three letter codes are in use as you and mrpj have pointed out, thanks for clarifying that one. :smiley:

Seeing as the europeans are so keen on us being part of the e.u. how about sticking them two letters on the back of the trailer instead of the usual g.b. and see what the french say to that…more coffee money i suppose…i`m not being un-patriotic…just a pain in the ■■■■ really…i love to cause confusion…
On the back of my motorhome i got a G.B. and a B.G…that really confuses them