Built-in pic uploader

What a pallava. :unamused:

I saw the post by Jack about not knowing how to get his pics online so thought I would investigate the site’s own pic uploader. Could it be any more complicated? :unamused: I’m savvy when it comes to stuff like this but all the clicking and album creating and button pressing is a real chore. It doesn’t even work properly when you’ve done it as images posted are scaled down into a thumb and need to be clicked to view in full size, unless you copy and paste the full URL and stick it into img tags.

Is there any way you can alter the format from the administator end? The process would be reasonably simple if the album tags would display the image full size as uploaded instead of resizing it to a thumb. For example, a random pic I uploaded :

Album tags gives me

[album]1204[/album]

But if I copy the full URL and stick it in img tags

But yet clicking on the thumb pic directly and copying the link and putting it in img tags doesn’t work because it inserts the word ‘page’ into the URL :

:confused:

It really needs simplifying instead of ‘forcing’ people to use photobucket which is nearly as complicated for the unsavvy.

good point Rob

I’ll see if I can find anybody who knows how it works :exclamation:

Had a look at the gallery CP panel, and there is no option there for this, There is a mod for phpBB3 but it still uses a 3rd party image host… we could custom code the gallery but that would have to go into the work queue for the developers and as we would struggle to make a business case for it would probably have a very low priority…

Rikki-UK:
Had a look at the gallery CP panel, and there is no option there for this, There is a mod for phpBB3 but it still uses a 3rd party image host… we could custom code the gallery but that would have to go into the work queue for the developers and as we would struggle to make a business case for it would probably have a very low priority…

That’s really poor for phpBB. The image facility has a sensible amounts of options, all except for the obvious one of posting your pics in the forum in full size (or at least not a clickable thumb). I know Rog made a post on how to do it via photobucket but it’s a bit of a mess as he tried to cover avatars as well. Many of the unsavvy folks on here that want to upload pics will struggle to understand what is required using the photobucket method and will simply not bother. :frowning:

Sort something out Rikki. :smiley:

Rob K:
I know Rog made a post on how to do it via photobucket but it’s a bit of a mess as he tried to cover avatars as well.

there’s a useful guide to posting pics that Ainacs wrote in the Old Time forum

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=35020