breentrans

anyone know what breentrans are like to work for?

not heard of them in a while
but am sure read something on irish rigs the irish version of this a while back about them so best bet is try there

Cheers for that

Search for Breen on here - was a largeish thread a while back.

They do UK and Europe. Nearly all DAF Trucks, 07 & 08 XF 105’s and 06 XF 95’s. Curtainsider, fridge and dry box work.

€90 per day. Not paid when parked up for 24/45 hour weekly break or if parked up in France/Spain waiting for a load back. Drivers stay out 3/4 weeks at a time.

Be prepared for using a magnet to put your tacho asleep. They’re the main points, don’t know what they are actually like to work for as didn’t take the job.

Hope this helps

Breen there and back?
On one card!

Don’tski worryski aboutski breenski areski okski, if you get my driftski :open_mouth:

when i went there last year for a job there they wanted you to do 12 weeks out same as the lithuanians he has there and it was 80 euros a day not 90 ,they might have upd the rate now though

AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE there was a documentary on s4c welsh channel exposing them for what they are …Heads :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: If your behind one on the motorway ask yourself why is thatbreen lorry half and half in the hard shoulder and lane 1 cos he driving the last 16 hrs non stop.hit fishguard then chuck a new tacho in :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

maestegboy:
AVOID LIKE THE PLAGUE there was a documentary on s4c welsh channel exposing them for what they are …Heads :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: If your behind one on the motorway ask yourself why is thatbreen lorry half and half in the hard shoulder and lane 1 cos he driving the last 16 hrs non stop.hit fishguard then chuck a new tacho in :unamused: :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Yeah but most of that was typical TV sensationalism, and that Yogi fella is a first class fool, at least he was when he worked at Nolans and nothing in that TV programme made me think otherwise

It all really depends on what you’re looking for or are used to. I would say if you are looking at Breens, Nolans, O’Leary or Ballinalard its because you’re looking for experience and they are easier to get a start with than some of the better operators. You can be sure you will get far more experience/varied work with an Irish haulier.

If you’re experienced and have done Euro work there are better operators out there to try: Dixon, Virginia, Campbell Carriers, O’Toole, Maguire, Noone, Bradley, Browne Logistics to name just a few…

If you’re looking for experience and don’t mind the terms above then give them a go. For me didn’t fancy the magnet business. Wouldn’t mind the money if you’re looking for experience and haven’t to many financial commitments as the pay wouldn’t cover much!

Thanks for the comments lads breen sounds well dodgy mite try look elsewhere