Brakes logisitcs

has anyone worked for brakes logisics/transport delivering food/catering stuff?

im going to post my cv off to them tommorow ive seen a job going at there rochdale depot just wondered if anyone has worked for them if so what does the job entail and are they ok too work for

manchester rob:
has anyone worked for brakes logisics/transport delivering food/catering stuff?

If you want to know what type of work it is then its often physical work, Wheel , trolley or carry the goods to canteens, restaurants etc… Mostly job and knock. Deliveries on for the day and you’re finished when they’re off.

manchester rob:
im going to post my cv off to them tommorow ive seen a job going at there rochdale depot just wondered if anyone has worked for them if so what does the job entail and are they ok too work for

Post it by all means Rob, but that sort of place you would be better to go in and see the TM or the main clerk and speak to them yourself and hand it over. Go in early in the morning when they have a lull just after all the trucks have left. And if you like the sound of the job go in once a week to say hello, any jobs yet !!

its Cold :slight_smile: and the day I got from the agency had 54drops

Guy I was talking to based at Tamworth depot said it’s all set start times, same routes, job and knock and a lot of handball. Moneys supposed to be quite good, the Hinckley depot were advertising £23,000 when I applied.

its 90% cage work and pallets when you get to drops you are expected to unload the cages then put the stock in the fridgs/stockroom etc etc I dont a few dayts here and there on agence for them at Grantham but being on agency I unloaded the truck and sat and watched them unloading 1 guy had to do 8 pallets he expected me to do it buit after telling him I get paid by the hour and not job and knock he started stopping for a ■■■ and a drink etc etc making it take ages and explaining the other drivers always help him.

I was on hours !!! and I refuse to handball that lot when spotty the oik can do it.

I would only suggest this job if you have a very strong back and can handle people taking the ■■■■.

To be fair mr mutt if the job requires you to help him unload then you should do it. Although I do know you get people trying to take the ■■■■. We get it “you can’t leave till it’s all checked off drive”, “er no, we drop and go, I’m not waiting here while you unload and check off 12 cages full of stuff.”

I saw them advertising for class2 drivers no experience necessary £22,00 on jobsite,
I,ve worked for them with the agency,

The pay is good,
Its tiring work but should be finished within a 10hr shift,

The Major bad points are 4am start (so neither a night or day shift=very tiring)

and you have Sunday off and one other day,so you hardly ever get 2 days off together
to rest your self, you,ll be going to bed at 8pm on your day of :unamused:

I start work at 3am
and use to have a kip during the day
but i spend more time trying to sleep than sleeping :cry:
(trying to find a job either days or nights now so i can have 1 solid sleep)
i dream of 5 hrs sleep in one go.

i normally get 2 hrs during the day and 3.5 hrs at night.