Bowie's

Any one remember Bowie’s of Altrincham, any photos. Think She’ll Carrington was their main job.

Punchy Dans photo off the roping & sheeting thread (dont think he will mind me adding it on here.)

No pictures backload,but I’m sure they were based behind the Volvo car dealership on the A56 at Sale IIRC?

David

Pics from DJP,

8361479048_39eef1111f_b.jpg

bowies were at sale, wilds motors were at sandiway garage altrincham, shell were a major customer but rolinx were the main one along with gec barracloughs , nicholsbooks , kraft, synres, ferrag amongst others plus the removal and storage side it was a great firm and good lads i worked there for years the bottom photo was my motor

The firm was taken over by A one transport leeds,keith

the wagons and work were sold to a one the yard and removals were kept on you repaired my wagon a few years back keith top man

bob-lad:
the wagons and work were sold to a one the yard and removals were kept on you repaired my wagon a few years back keith top man

Hi Bob,shame the firm was sold to the man who took over A one,then put good men out of work :imp: keith

sure was keith hope alls well mate

This is an LV that a mate of mine has bought quite recently.

Hiya Bob Lad, I thought that this was one of your old photos that I downloaded off Trucknet a few years ago. I think that you may of seen it before but it’s worth having another look at it. :smiley:

Regards Steve.

hia steve yes it is one of mine it was one of scotts of oldham jimmy stockton drove it

In 1988 the haulage side was sold to A1 Transport of Leeds followed by the removals side six months later to B & S of Loughborough Leicestershire.