Boots.!!!

Did you do your US truck test with CDL Truck School in Phoenix, near the freeway…■■?

Stuart

Sure did Munchman! Just near the large overpass,when I was ther they had a couple of 60’s Kenworths that were being restored.The reverse test was done in their gravel yard with traffic cones and a small blue GMC, I think, connected to a smaller trailer!!The auto Ford Louie struggled and I thought it wouldn’t make it up the on ramp to the Freeway!!
So if anyone is contemplating their US CDL,they are the people to see in Phoenix.

Yep. thats it, they use that blue GMC pick up and a dual axle trailer, that they say is like reversing a 53fter…lol. The old auto Louie is kinda fun, I couldn’t believe I was driving an auto box truck to do a test in, I couldn’t fail, and I didn’t.

Was it a guy with a bandana on, mid to late 50’s, I did mine here just about 3.5years ago. When did you do yours…■■

Stuart

Come to think of it, I had to pick up one of our trailers in the next door yard on Wednesday night there and they still have to old Kennies sitting waiting to be restored. A cabover and a an old bonnet job, I know the bonnet job has been there for a while, but the cabover is new.

Are you going to be back in Phoenix sometime…■■

Stuart

Small world isn’t it?If oly everything in US was as straightforward as those guys,took longer in Yuma DMV for car licence and red tape-they actually took my photo for Az car licence when I was doing my theory CDL and retook my photo 15 minues later and I explained what was going on when I went in,but they make the rules…
The old Ford and GMC would have some stories to tell,A group of South Africans did their licence there and one bloke-err put it this way he passed :laughing:
Did my test in May 2002,whilst waiting for the other guys I had a look at a straight box Kenworth W series geting done up in their yard,it would look great on the road.
My tester was a young bloke with a sense of humour,he kept reminding me to go faster on the freeway in the Ford,I had my foot to the floor at 40 MPH!
Will try to get over Phoenix way hopefully this September,Dallas truck show,if finances permit Via Yuma,revisit working sites,and Tacna etc.Might drop in for beer!

Sounds like a plan for a beer…!!!

I did mine in Sept 2000, so I do know that they still have the old Louie, but they now have a Pete too. And for sure, they still have the old GMC…!!!

Stuart

Will do Munchman,I’ll bring over some of Australia’s finest,best drunk cold in hot weather,not that Fosters imposter beer sold in US that is brewed in Canada.I was forced to drink a lot of American beer a/c the hot weather in AZ and it only passed the taste and alcohol content that I am used too :laughing: