Block user function

Just a quick question .I blocked a few blatant trolls .The same guy running a few accounts talking ■■■ .But it only works on replies not topics ?Can this be fixed at all?

Beetlejuice:
Just a quick question .I blocked a few blatant trolls .The same guy running a few accounts talking ■■■ .But it only works on replies not topics ?Can this be fixed at all?

Hi Beetlejuice,

Thanks for your observation.

Forgive my ignorance of this, but I don’t have the luxury of being able to block the idiots/trolls, so I don’t know how this feature should work.

I’m not sure whether the ‘block’ feature is meant to be the way it is, but I’ll try to find out.

You block users by going to the “User control panel / Friends & Foes” and adding their names to the “Manage foes” list.

To be honest it’s not something I’ve ever used so don’t know too much about it, but I doubt that there’s any way to block new topics from showing.

And if a troll is quoted by a non blocked member then you’ll see the trolls post in the quote so there’s no complete escape from them unfortunately, I tried blocking a few once but it made many threads disjointed and inherently more annoying than if I’d just skipped the trollers posts.

The way to beat them is to just ignore them and don’t respond to them, I honestly believe the “troll reactors” are nearly just as bad as the instigators (though I will hold my hands up to being guilty of reacting a few times myself)

Trolls feed off of reactions and unfortunately there’s no short supply of people ready to provide them with what they crave… Attention.

This ^^^

Thanks Reef, I couldn’t have written it better, so you’ve saved me from some typing. :smiley:

I’ve got to admit reef is spot on .
Cheers for the replies

Be nice to stop seeing the job spot flooding the board and other threads that become trolled sort of 1 click and it’s hidden like blocking what certain users post but doing it to a particular thread