Black Monday.

So your getting a t range what’s wrong with that just a volvo with a different cab and I think there not bad looking lorries

Are you going to eat some cheese then surrender?

In all serious I don’t really mind - just think they look pug ugly.

Actually think the premium is massively underrated and the gearbox is the best I’ve ever used (yes I am the bloke who can fire a daf from 0-20 mph back onto a bay with the old “wait 3 secs” auto)

kjw21:
In all serious I don’t really mind - just think they look pug ugly.

But it has made a good topic though. :smiley: The looks have grown on me a bit since I’ve seen a few around, I think the high cab one look better, more in proportion.

kjw21:
Actually think the premium is massively underrated and the gearbox is the best I’ve ever used (yes I am the bloke who can fire a daf from 0-20 mph back onto a bay with the old “wait 3 secs” auto)

I’m not sure if the Premium is that under rated, every time it’s asked about on here most of those of us who have driven them are keen to say how good they are, :smiley: and from what I’ve heard the new T range is even better.

They’re only ugly from the outside, so if you approach it with your eyes averted you’ll probably be ok.

Oh, when passing shop windows make sure you look straight ahead.

trampyjoe:
Are you going to eat some cheese then surrender?

I take it kjw is a mate of yours joe, as you left out the “monkey” bit…

I’m sure he left it out just to make me feel a little better

“On Monday, France will reveal to us that it’s let everyone sneak through the tunnel”

“You drove through a speed detector sign doing 31mph on the way home…”

It’s a new truck, I’d be well chuffed to be given a new truck, any truck! :smiley:

Picked it up yesterday.

I have never been so surprised at how wrong an impression can be.

So far it has been very very impressive.

Still playing with all the gadgets and it will take a while to get used too but I honestly can’t rate it higher.

The interior is phenomenal and it seems they have really thought things through.

The drive is fine, gearbox is as you would expect now from Renault but a bit quicker in its decisions, and it pulled full weight this morning with no apparent stress.

The looks are going to take a while to get used to but the way it’s been liveried up actually make it look better than expected.

Only issue so far is the dealer “forgot” to fit the alloy wheels but this will be sorted in the next couple of weeks.

All in all - I haven’t driven any of this “generation” of trucks but I am impressed with how big a leap they have made in the last couple of years between my old one and this and I’ve only gone from a 63 plate to a 64.

There 2 at our place and from all accounts there abit finicky to say the least think there sticking with premium