bking

This may be the wrong section as it is “THE UK PROFESSIONAL DRIVRS FORUM” but i am still waiting a reply from bking who wrote bollox to my reply on the stralis ad blue issue ,then after i explained how ad blue worked has deleted his post…At least he could admit he was wrong …but is no doubt someone who knows everything about nothing and goes on things he hears word of mouth with no technical know how…Some one who can’t drive but talks a good drive …sad sad bloke …if you are going to comment on someones comment rudely then backit uo and don’t delete your comment when you realise you are wrong

I think the term is “keyboard warrior” :laughing: :unamused:

I think the term is … If some one is winding you up enough, use the friend/foe feature and dont even see what he writes- I am not allowed that luxury , but you are- as you may have seen we are “restraining” some of the more exuberent posters - and we do have a watch list of those who may need some assistance in using these forums as intended

I don’t want to go down the personal attack route but let’s say his name is synominous with the word ■■■■!.. that’s about as polite as I can put it :neutral_face: , his posts are all one theme, ie he knows it all and you know ■■■■ all , a lot of said posts are worded to attract confrontation, then when you disagree with him you are bombarded with a lot of ■■■■■ s and general abuse, thus illustrating his lack of vocabulary and his ineptitude in social etiquette, best advice is to just treat him with the contempt that he brings upon himself, just look through his posts, one or two of which are aimed at me, and you will see what I mean.

robroy:
I don’t want to go down the personal attack route but let’s say his name is synominous with the word ■■■■!.. that’s about as polite as I can put it :neutral_face: , his posts are all one theme, ie he knows it all and you know [zb] all , a lot of said posts are worded to attract confrontation, then when you disagree with him you are bombarded with a lot of [zb] s and general abuse, thus illustrating his lack of vocabulary and his ineptitude in social etiquette, best advice is to just treat him with the contempt that he brings upon himself, just look through his posts, one or two of which are aimed at me, and you will see what I mean.

thanks robroy i did find one of his posts slagging mechanics …guess what i am lol…i just found it disappointing that he went down that route,then when challenged his post vanished ,after all these forums are meant to be a community where people can pass on info and help each other out .I try to do my bit by helping with faults if possible ,though am limited as if it isn’t black and green (military ) and for the last 17 years DAF i’m stuffed lol…Hopefully he will have learned something when i explained how ad blue work
cheers

norb:
thanks robroy i did find one of his posts slagging mechanics …guess what i am lol…i just found it disappointing that he went down that route,then when challenged his post vanished ,after all these forums are meant to be a community where people can pass on info and help each other out .I try to do my bit by helping with faults if possible ,though am limited as if it isn’t black and green (military ) and for the last 17 years DAF i’m stuffed lol…Hopefully he will have learned something when i explained how ad blue work
cheers

It’s just as well you didn’t tell him you were forces, it’s only a couple of weeks ago that he wrote off the entire British Army in his own inimitable way :unamused: as ■■■■■ s and ■■■■■■■ s :neutral_face: :laughing: , like I said …■■■■! :unamused:

Rikki-UK:
I think the term is … If some one is winding you up enough, use the friend/foe feature and dont even see what he writes- I am not allowed that luxury , but you are- as you may have seen we are “restraining” some of the more exuberent posters - and we do have a watch list of those who may need some assistance in using these forums as intended

Thanks for the reply RIKKI .I didn’t know about friend or foe feature ,and you have my sympathy for not having it lol…I was just disappointed that when trying to help a op out to the best of my knowledge ,he came with such a reply but with no back up to his comment ,which i could accept ,then get in to a discussion about it ,that way we all may learn something…From what you say i can guess why his post has vanished …I see forums like thi as a community where people try to help each other and have some banter ,and some discussions which may get heated but that is ok as long as they can back up what they are saying…but not just to say “BOLLOX” and the ecu controls the exhaust …More importantly someone asks a honest question and i only hope he is happy with his response

We all have disagreements on here. Some people seem to have problems with the same person constantly and no matter how much they say that it isn’t personal, it probably is.

I could be in complete disagreement with someone on one thread, having a row, thinking that their view is a complete joke but I could open another thread no less than 1 minute later and be in complete agreement and even having a laugh with that same person.
Don’t take it to heart, it’s just a faceless screen name on a computer that you will most likely never meet.

FarnboroughBoy11:
We all have disagreements on here. Some people seem to have problems with the same person constantly and no matter how much they say that it isn’t personal, it probably is.

I could be in complete disagreement with someone on one thread, having a row, thinking that their view is a complete joke but I could open another thread no less than 1 minute later and be in complete agreement and even having a laugh with that same person.
Don’t take it to heart, it’s just a faceless screen name on a computer that you will most likely never meet.

Cheers …just did some research and as pointed out previously he doesn’t really have a nice thing to say about anyone .so will put him down as a troll and forget about him .i won the tech discussion ,and he got his wind up ,i bit hook line and sinker…

I think he may have been born out of wedlock.

I’m one of the “restrained” I don’t actually mind if it 's deserved. Most of my posts are transport related. I just reacted to vile posts and false accusations. Still …

norb:
after all these forums are meant to be a community where people can pass on info and help each other out .I try to do my bit by helping with faults if possible ,though am limited as if it isn’t black and green (military ) and for the last 17 years DAF i’m stuffed lol…Hopefully he will have learned something when i explained how ad blue work
cheers

Ok in that case ,do you have any clue as to what could be the problem here. I often get a error coming up “PTO not engaged” (as opposed to PTO INACTIVE , if i let hand brake off before taking PTO out) .It is running a palfinger crane and the outriggers(DAF btw, ) it’s like the hyd-pump is running but no pressure at the controls wireless remote or hand levers the system is clean and fillters have no ■■■■■ in them that im now sure of after we stripped the system down stage by stage and pressure tested at every "route join.The pump does not get hot nor is it screaming for hyd-oil ,the header tank also stays at normal temp.She has been in several times and Palfinger nor our hyd engineers have a clue. It can be 1/2an hour ■■■■■■ about before she “kicks in” sometimes…thanks in advance

Re; bking

I did see the post you are talking about and thought wtf is that pish he’s spouting there…i went to show it to our Fitter just for a laugh, and it was gone.

:confused:

bigvern1:
I’m one of the “restrained” I don’t actually mind if it 's deserved. Most of my posts are transport related. I just reacted to vile posts and false accusations. Still …

Yeah but yr just a naughty boy!!! :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Well there’s that as well. :laughing:

Nedbear:

norb:
after all these forums are meant to be a community where people can pass on info and help each other out .I try to do my bit by helping with faults if possible ,though am limited as if it isn’t black and green (military ) and for the last 17 years DAF i’m stuffed lol…Hopefully he will have learned something when i explained how ad blue work
cheers

Ok in that case ,do you have any clue as to what could be the problem here. I often get a error coming up “PTO not engaged” (as opposed to PTO INACTIVE , if i let hand brake off before taking PTO out) .It is running a palfinger crane and the outriggers(DAF btw, ) it’s like the hyd-pump is running but no pressure at the controls wireless remote or hand levers the system is clean and fillters have no [zb] in them that im now sure of after we stripped the system down stage by stage and pressure tested at every "route join.The pump does not get hot nor is it screaming for hyd-oil ,the header tank also stays at normal temp.She has been in several times and Palfinger nor our hyd engineers have a clue. It can be 1/2an hour ■■■■■■ about before she “kicks in” sometimes…thanks in advance

hi
i guess one of the customer parameters that is activated in the system is for the pto to disengae when the handbrake is released,which is normal prevents driving with PTO engaged ,unless you need that function to drive with PTO engaged

if you are pressing the clutch engaging PTO and it then kicks you out after 5 seconds …then you probably have a wiring fault (don’t laugh) what happens is when you press the PTO switch the VIC sends a signal down to engage the PTO ,now even if the PTO is ok ,if the VIC doesn’t get a return signal in 5 secs it will disengage the PTO …so possible /most common issues …the switch on the PTO itself which is the one that lets VIC know the PTO is engaged and then VIC puts the PTO symbol on on the dash ,obviously the wiring to that switch …Then the mag valve that is energised when you switch the PTO on and feeds air to the PTO…easy to check disconnect air pipe switch on PTO and you’ll get a 5 sec blast of air …but generally it’s the switch on the PTO or the wiring to that switch…

i have had issue with cranes not working and PTO issues and after a long drawn out process of atlas saying its our fault and we blaming them ,turned out the op had 2 emergency stop buttons engaged lol…so sometimes the crane can have issues that affect the DAF side as they obviously splice in to the DAF wiring and some not to professionally either

now that i know more about bking i should just have ignored him.

hope that is of some help

what you could do for next time is, quote the post you are replying to, then it doesn’t matter if the poster, in this case, Bking, edits his post, you will still have the original copy :wink:

Surprised he aint been on yet giving us lesser knowledgeable beings the benefits of his infinite wisdom, and telling us we are all a bunch of ■■■■■ and ■■■■■ and ■■■■■■■ ■■■■■■ :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

I have no connection with H.M. armed forces whatsoever.

But I know this.

Our armed forces are THE best in the world bar none and we should all be very proud of them.

The ranting drivel from this bking individual I found offensive and I know I won’t be alone in this.

Surely if a poster can’t make a plausible contribution to the forum he should be censored for it.

He reckons to be a fitter, maybe he can find an Embittered Fitters Forum to use and then he can EFF off.

shuttlespanker:
what you could do for next time is, quote the post you are replying to, then it doesn’t matter if the poster, in this case, Bking, edits his post, you will still have the original copy :wink:

good point shuttle spanker …the only time i dont quote …lol …at least on the stralis ad blue thread i have just about explained how ad blue works on DAFs CF 75 up to XF 105 …if you have DAFs with ad blue you may find it useful

norb:

shuttlespanker:

good point shuttle spanker …the only time i dont quote …lol …at least on the stralis ad blue thread i have just about explained how ad blue works on DAFs CF 75 up to XF 105 …if you have DAFs with ad blue you may find it useful

sorry mate, i have only got 1 DAF left now, and that is a 2003 model XF95 480 auto

the 2 MAN’s, 1 is Euro3 and the other is Euro4 EGR

i will however, send you a PM regarding the DAF :wink: