BJ Myers transport old pics wanted

Hi all,
great old pics like the old Leyland, anybody got any photos of the Myers Magnums to add think some were in Ferryline & Ipac belguim company!! , cheers Alan.

THAT FODEN LOOKS LIKE IT TIPPED OVER BY CREEK BRIDGE AT THE JUNCTION WITH NORMAN ROAD , I REMEMBER A CONTAINER TRUCK TURNING OVER THERE , THAT WAS WHERE I GREW UP AS A KID , MY DAD USED TO DRIVE FOR WBS OF PLOUGH WAY ( SURREY DOCKS ), MY STEP DAD USED TO WORK FOR JAMES BRADFORD OF SILWOOD STREET ( BERMONDSEY ) …

ANDY

HAVE YOU GOT ANY PICS OF THE MARATHON SLEEPER ■■?

ANDY

Andy

You are very right in saying that accident was at the Junction of Norman Rd coming over Creek Bridge Deptford

You will interested to know it was driven by George Briley, who worked for me twice, but in between those times he worked for Jimmy Bradford!

At the time of the accident George was late, as he normally was on Mondays, and left the yard in Bolina Road, loaded with tinned tomatoes for Beck + Pollizer at Belvedere.

George came flying over Creek Bridge when a car pulled out of Norman Road and he rolled it - on top of a transit coming from the opposite direction - two guys walked away from that, unbelievable!

I’d forgotten about our Foden’s both bought secondhand, mid to late seventies.

Happy Days

Tony

Another putting it back on its wheels
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyc2011/6507095191/in/photostream
And the Transit it fell on
http://www.flickr.com/photos/andyc2011/6522568173/in/photostream

Another of the Dafs with a Merzario Trailer

knowall:
Andy

You are very right in saying that accident was at the Junction of Norman Rd coming over Creek Bridge Deptford

You will interested to know it was driven by George Briley, who worked for me twice, but in between those times he worked for Jimmy Bradford!

At the time of the accident George was late, as he normally was on Mondays, and left the yard in Bolina Road, loaded with tinned tomatoes for Beck + Pollizer at Belvedere.

George came flying over Creek Bridge when a car pulled out of Norman Road and he rolled it - on top of a transit coming from the opposite direction - two guys walked away from that, unbelievable!

I’d forgotten about our Foden’s both bought secondhand, mid to late seventies.

Happy Days

Tony

Tony
Have you got any photos of your motors (European Traction Service) pulling MAT trailers.

MOC:
Another of the Dafs with a Merzario Trailer

Hi Tony & all,
anybody know if that trailer company are still going, that is Merzario not seen any for along time, cheers Alan.

SOME REALLY GOOD PICS ON HERE , HAS ANY ONE GOT ANY PICS OF THE MAN’S OR THE VOLVO’S & SCANIA’S ■■?

COME ON TONY YOU MUST HAVE SOME LYING AROUND ■■?

I AM THINKING OF BUILDING A MODEL OF ON OF YOUR TRUCKS , QUITE FANCY DOING A MARATHON OR THE DAF 2800 , MAY BE A MAN ■■

ANDY

OK - here’s some for starters

I’ve never posted pics before, so I hope I can do it

Keeps coming back PDF extension not allowed - what am I doing wrong then?

Trying again

Someone help pls - dunno what I’m doing wrong - dug out a load of pics going back over 40 years and can’t post 'em

Look, its easy, even i can do it…

Mark R:
Look, its easy, even i can do it…

Mark
Show Tony how its done I am dying to see these pictures
Cliff

If he still has’nt got the hang of it by Friday ( my next day off ) i’ll go round and help him… :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: .

One of the firms I remember well, Dafs and Ivecos running out of Ordnance Crescent, probably the only one still running? Maybe Gunns? I’ve been out of London for nearly 4 years now

Gunns went out of business about 2 years ago , Abbey tankers now run out of gunns yard at erith,

did gunns have a place in silver town just up from georges dinner about 26 years ago as the name rings a bell

did gunns have a place in silver town just up from georges dinner about 26 years ago as the name rings a bell