Bit of Advice lads please

My other half has decided that an ideal holiday would be to tour Europe :open_mouth:

Ok i said you decide where you want to go ill sort the route out. Now i used to run down to Morocco and Romania and alike so can get by.

She decided she wants to start around Rennes for a few nights then run down to St Raphael near Toulon/Monaco and spend four nights there. Then run over to Bologna for a night. Then a few nights in Innsbruck at a mates house then a night in Frankfurt on the way home.

Sounds like fun eh?

I have run down the west coast of France many times but never run from Rennes to South east France. To be honest i have never even been into Italy that way either!!!

The trip back from Austria i can work out however its the way there i cant

I cant work out how long it will take me to get from Rennes to St Rapheal■■?

We are traveling by car so can go some but im not sure if it can be done in a day.

My mate tells me its 9hrs from Bologna to Innsbruck so long as thats right im ok with that bit.

But anyone got an idea how long it will take to go from St Rapheal to Bologna?

Any advice you guys can give would be realy helpful

Thanks

Phil

aotorout e 06 shows it to be 636.1 miles.

hope that helps a tad.

I wonder if you could get an afternoon in Verona pushed in after Bologna.
Take her to Juliettes house so she can stand on the balcony and call down, then dinner at Romeos house (now a restaurant- dont ask for pizza, I saw a group kicked out for that crime) and just in time for the open air opera. After the opera head back toward Milan and pop into desenzano, the bars will still be open and you can watch the sun rise over the lake.
And of course back through swiss, over bernadino and through heidi land.

P.S. Can I come!

Départ 35000 Rennes
Arrivée 83700 Saint-Raphaël
Date : le 14/06/2006
Votre véhicule : Voiture, Citadine
Itinéraire : Conseillé par MichelinLe plus courtLe plus rapideConseillé par Michelin
Distance : 1147km dont 1072km sur voies rapides
Temps : 10h37 dont 09h19 sur voies rapides DRIVING TIME
Coût péage : 74.30 EUR PEAGE
Coût du carburant : 68.84 EUR FUELCoût vignettes : 0 EUR
Total coût : 143.14 EUR TOTAL COST

Départ 83700 Saint-Raphaël
Arrivée Bologna
Date : le 14/06/2006
Votre véhicule : Voiture, Citadine
Itinéraire : Conseillé par MichelinLe plus courtLe plus rapideConseillé par Michelin
Distance : 540km dont 524km sur voies rapides
Temps : 05h09 dont 04h41 sur voies rapides
Coût péage : 37 EUR
Coût du carburant : 32.37 EUR
Coût vignettes : 0 EUR
Total coût : 69.37 EUR
OK?

Changer les options

Bologna to Innsbruck is only just over 400km,so you should do that in a car in 5hrs quite easily.

Don’t forget to buy your vignette for Austria,which is €7.60 for 10 days (the minimum you can buy) and you will also pay around €8.00 for the Brenner Autobahn.

i didnt realise you need a AU vignette for a car is it the same on the euro one ?

Spacemonkeypg:
i didnt realise you need a AU vignette for a car is it the same on the euro one ?

This is from a site giving details

If you intend to use Austrian motorways and expressways you vehicle must display a motorway tax sticker (vignette). These stickers, valid for a year, two months or 10 days, can be purchased at many petrol stations close to the border in neighbouring countries, at the frontier in Austria, or in ÖAMTC offices. Cost 2003 for a car 10 days €7.60 or 2 months €21.80.

The vignette is for vehicles under 3,500kg GVW,vehicles over 3,500kg (incl motorhomes) must be fitted with a Go-Box.

the name ofthe Austrian tol for cars is called ““PICKLE”” when you go over the brenner ,this can be bought either as you go NORTH towards the brenner pass in Italy just above the last toll point in Italy ,or at the border by the AUSTRIAN customs, Make sure you put it directly on the window screen on the inside, as if it is not done you will get fined when you are stopped for a check,have a nice trip,