big pink truck

seen these working out of clee hill quarry, another company getting big running for peanuts drivers are terrible and give the industry a bad name one of them drives through cleobury mortimer flat out thinking its funny another blocked the a456 for 15mins today because he couldnt use a gearbox but hey they got fancy new trucks so all is ok

Not all the drivers working for Robinsons are paid peanuts, I know for a fact the drivers working on the Cemex contract at Rugby are well paid and adhere to all speed limits. All companies have a few bad drivers but please do not assume they are all like the examples you highlighted.

If I worked for them, I’d want wages & a Bouquet of Flowers every week for being made to drive a Big Pink Truck. Lol.

Don’t forget the Tow Tector Stilleto’s & Hi Viz Mini Skirts.

martinviking:
If I worked for them, I’d want wages & a Bouquet of Flowers every week for being made to drive a Big Pink Truck. Lol.

They also have pink polo shirts, :unamused: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

They do quite a bit of work out of the quarries on the Welsh Border. Most of their drivers are sensible people.

Dave the Renegade:

They do quite a bit of work out of the quarries on the Welsh Border. Most of their drivers are sensible people.

They also have bad memory’s Dave when it comes to sweeping out, ask any driver washing out before every load at Dolyhir, :wink: :slight_smile:

i seen one parked up on the A446 layby between stonebridge island A45 and junction 4 of the M6

I see them a lot in France…

I see them around Ettingshall a lot recently.

Most days I pass a couple of their ( Rugby Cemex) wagons on the “straight mile” just before the start of the M45.
Those that know that road will know that it’s quite narrow,and got a wicked camber on one side,leading to a sizeable ditch a few inches away :unamused: I’ve seen a couple of Mitchells spud wagons in the ditch over the years :exclamation:
Have to say,however,that the Pink drivers generally drive pretty well,reasonable speed,and don’t hog the centre line…unlike most of the bulkers that I come across :wink:

martinviking:

a few years ago there was a transport company in east London[cant remember the name]but one of his trucks was pink and he had names for all his trucks,but this particular truck was in truck and driver [I think]I felt sorry for the driver as the vehicle was called GAY LAD,actually the name of the company has just come to me it was or is bill Humphries and the truck was a Scania if anyone else remembers the company

truckman020:

martinviking:

a few years ago there was a transport company in east London[cant remember the name]but one of his trucks was pink and he had names for all his trucks,but this particular truck was in truck and driver [I think]I felt sorry for the driver as the vehicle was called GAY LAD,actually the name of the company has just come to me it was or is bill Humphries and the truck was a Scania if anyone else remembers the company

I think in Robinson’s case it was the owners young daughter who wanted the wagons pink, so Dad obliged.

As someone who has worked for Robinsons…they have some good drivers and some not so good…like most firms.

Unfortunately when I wax there they struggled to hold on to good drivers, for various reasons, so ended up with quite a few dodgy ones.

No idea what it’s like there now though…

Dave the Renegade:

truckman020:

martinviking:

I think in Robinson’s case it was the owners young daughter who wanted the wagons pink, so Dad obliged.

I know its just a colour but I think I would draw the line at a pink truck lol