Big Blue Stolen

bloody hell rob thats crap mate.

■■■■■■

Just posted a notice on Truckersworld, the more eyes the better.

You`d have to be a complete tool to thieve something as distinctive as that.

Shuttlespankers lovely ‘‘Big Blue’’ has been stolen. Saturday night from Nailstone! PLEASE keep your eyes peeled!! Thanks

is it just the unit or has the trailer gone to?
i know what its like as i had 6 k in tools go about 4/5 weeks ago!
lets hope for better luck
moose

it is just the unit, was not coupled to a trailer, no trailers were touched

shuttlespanker:
it is just the unit, was not coupled to a trailer, no trailers were touched

[zb]!! Sounds like it was ‘stolen to order’! :imp:

Trailer’s a Roadways 1 in the pic, used to pull FIR trailers, with the rear steer type thing that was a pain in the harris lol.

Sorry to hear about the theft, don’t really think of people nicking trucks, 'specially ones that REALLY stand out, bull noses, long lines etc…

That’s a massive cab there, should be easy to spot, even if paint job and reg are changed.

waynedl:
Trailer’s a Roadways 1 in the pic, used to pull FIR trailers, with the rear steer type thing that was a pain in the harris lol.

Sorry to hear about the theft, don’t really think of people nicking trucks, 'specially ones that REALLY stand out, bull noses, long lines etc…

That’s a massive cab there, should be easy to spot, even if paint job and reg are changed.

correct about the trailer, it is RCL

it was only the unit that was taken, not any trailers, the unit was parked on its own in the yard

[zb] scum is the best to describe them, sorry to hear it mate, hopefully with it being so distinctive it wont be long before it found…

shuttlespanker:

waynedl:

it was only the unit that was taken, not any trailers, the unit was parked on its own in the yard

was it taken with keys?

waynedl:

Probably have been sprayed, cloned, and shall be getting exported shortly.

dave_k:
Probably have been sprayed, cloned, and shall be getting exported shortly.

Look at the picture Dave, it’s not exactly going to be easy to clone.

Been keeping my eyes peeled and told others to do likewise

mickyblue:

shuttlespanker:

waynedl:

was it taken with keys?

no mate, i have only ever had one set of keys since i bought it, and they are still in my coat pocket :cry:

just spoken to someone who called in the yard on sunday morning approx 09:30, he has told me that it was not there when he called in

so, it was taken between 18:30 sat evening and 09:30 sunday morning

There any local companies you are friendly with that might have had CCTV pointing towards the road anywhere along its potential route?

depends on which way they went from the yard, there is 1 company within a few miles with CCTV, whether it catches the road or not, i don’t know, i will make enquiries with them

have just heard from a friend that it was possibly spotted on the A419 between Swindon and Gloucester heading north yesterday morning about 11:00am with a 40’ container behind it

shuttlespanker:
have just heard from a friend that it was possibly spotted on the A419 between Swindon and Gloucester heading north yesterday morning about 11:00am with a 40’ container behind it

If someone was trying to be inconspicuous to steal a container load of TV’s or something, then yours is not the best choice to do it with. They are not going to be able to work it in the UK and how many ports could it get into without being noticed. Someone needs to be looking in some sheds or dismantlers yards I reckon.

Share it on Facebook and the Comical Motor blog

it is all over facebook about it going missing, only just heard from the person who ‘spotted’ it, just about to inform the police of this too