Bewick Thread

Is Denis Smith Dead?

Seems strange he’s removed his thread, it has been on there for years with numerous pages.
Hope Dennis is ok, never met him but had a couple of forum conversations with him,.always struck me as a nice bloke.
Why would he request his thread to be deleted.

I do hope he is okay but does seem strange as a lot of work has gone in that and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable threads to read and the pictures were great

atlas man:
I do hope he is okay but does seem strange as a lot of work has gone in that and I have to say it was one of the most enjoyable threads to read and the pictures were great

+1
Dave’s the man to ask, he locked the thread.

atlas man:
I do hope he is okay

:open_mouth: +1

Joined:Mon Oct 19, 2009 8:24 pmLast visited:Fri Aug 28, 2020 6:16 pmTotal posts:17283 | Search user’s posts
(0.65% of all posts / 4.36 posts per day) Total images:0 | Search user’s images
(0.00% of all images / 0.00 images per day)

From Bewick aka Denis

Dennis is fine
I’m sure he will be along to tell you his reasons if he so desires

9387319B-0D5E-470C-ABD3-9B66EAB29E6D.jpeg
He’s busy subbing to me covering drivers holidays :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

His publisher said it might affect sales of the forthcoming book… :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Regards John.

Only thing I can think of is he’s fell out with the forum and/or one of the mods over something or another.

old 67:
His publisher said it might affect sales of the forthcoming book… :wink: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Regards John.

And giving away the location of the world’s last surviving stocks of Gardner parts. :smiling_imp:

Carryfast:

old 67:

Regards John.

And giving away the location of the world’s last surviving stocks of Gardner parts. :smiling_imp:

perhaps restoring a Guy with an 8-pot? :laughing:

Still no ‘Official version of events’’ from the mods :neutral_face:
Dennis added a lot to the Old timers forum, he’s a knowledgeable bloke of transport.
If he has walked he will be a miss on here.

I’ve read all of the comments so far, so here’s the official version of events…

I’m not aware of any kind of falling out between Dennis and anybody else, including the Mod/Admin Team.

I received a PM, the content of which cannot be divulged for obvious reasons, but suffice it to say that I moved the Bewick topic by request and that the OP is happy that I’ve done so.

Maybe he’ll comment in this or other topics, but I’ve really no idea whether he will or not.

old 67:

Regards John.

That was my guess as well John.

If so there will be two great books in the pipeline.

I was under the impression that the forum or the company who owns the forum owns all the contributions. Like we sold our soul to the devil when we joined!

Will be sadly missed if he is no longer going to contribute.

Wheel Nut:
I was under the impression that the forum or the company who owns the forum owns all the contributions. Like we sold our soul to the devil when we joined!

Sort of moot when ‘we’ can still take back everything we’ve contributed.Some say the Devil won’t allow that. :smiling_imp: :laughing:

carryfast-yeti:

Carryfast:

old 67:

Regards John.

perhaps restoring a Guy with an 8-pot? :laughing:

Or maybe he’s in shock at certain ‘evidence’ which came to light suggesting that quoted Gardner output figures were dodgy and their ‘reliability’ was a myth.He might not ever recover from that and he’s gone recluse for the foreseeable. :open_mouth: :laughing:

He’s spending some time in Hong Kong. Something about a sales drive to get rid of the contents of a barn before he submits his claim for Housing Benefit.