Berlin attack, Automatic Braking System

It is being reported that the truck’s automatic braking system may have saved more injury and death from happening in the truck attack.

Although the driver can override the brakes, an inexperienced user may not know how.

I too heard that this morning too mate. We need to get lucky every time, they only need to get lucky once! You can be sure that they (ISIS) will learn from it too and target older vehicles in future, such as the one in Nice.

the maoster:
I too heard that this morning too mate. We need to get lucky every time, they only need to get lucky once! You can be sure that they (ISIS) will learn from it too and target older vehicles in future, such as the one in Nice.

Or read a manual to learn how to override it…

why is it that whenever something useful is found that helped police catch criminals or as in this case may have helped save life, the media release it to everyone so we have to start looking for another way to catch these people,

Surely you should not be able to override the system.Never used one but what good would that do?

Uncle Albie:
Surely you should not be able to override the system.Never used one but what good would that do?

You can turn it off via a switch on the dash. On Scanias, according to the handbook, the collision warning will cancel and the AEB system won’t intervene if you indicate, press the brake pedal, quick application of the accelerator pedal or put the pedal into the kickdown position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Uncle Albie:

According to the manual in a DAF, the AEBS can be disabled for driving off road or when being towed.
It always defaults to being on when the ignition is started.

Can be easily turned off using switch on the dashboard

This been confirmed by independent vehicle examiners yet (hopefully not the Bath tipper examiners) or media speculation?
Independent as in not the sort of inquiry which all too often seem to reach conclusions which suit.