belgium road tax

can anyone tell me if you can buy the vignette at dover, or if not the best place to get it. it’s been some years since i’ve been this way. shipping out dover-dunkirque, to maastricht. many thanks.

hi mate not sure about dover any more you used to be able to get it at the booths but you can get it in the terminal at dunkerque

You can definitely get it at the Norfolk Lines booths and 1 of their ferries also sells it on board

if i remember right i have also brought it at ashford truck stop as well .

cheers guys, most helpful as usual

both p&o and seafrance have the machines just after the toll booths in dover

The Maersk Dunkerque is the only Norfolk Line boat which sells the tax on board. I would advise getting it there or in England cos once you park up in Dunkerque it will probobably take you 10-15mins to walk to the terminal and back to your truck.

Dont quote me but dont all Shell garages sell them on the continent ?

Rewmer:
Dont quote me but dont all Shell garages sell them on the continent ?

No, they don’t. Places to buy it in Belgium are few and far between.

kindle530:
The Maersk Dunkerque is the only Norfolk Line boat which sells the tax on board. I would advise getting it there or in England cos once you park up in Dunkerque it will probobably take you 10-15mins to walk to the terminal and back to your truck.

You can get it at all the Norfolk Line booths, saving alot of messing about. Which is why i now plan to go out on Norfolk Line.

You can also get it at Transmarck but that can be a nightmare to get in and out of. I would suggest the IDS in Calais as it is normally easy to get in and out of.

yes you can get it at ashford truckstop too, im prob gonna get mine there monday see whats parked in there at the same time

Thanks for the information, the only place I’ve ever used is Tansmarck and I agree it can be a nightmare at the wrong time of night.

However what about getting it coming the other way, like coming in from Germany.
or even for when we leave Spa?

muckles:
Thanks for the information, the only place I’ve ever used is Tansmarck and I agree it can be a nightmare at the wrong time of night.

However what about getting it coming the other way, like coming in from Germany.
or even for when we leave Spa?

You could always buy it on your way out for coming back from Spa. Buy one for the outward journey and then buy another dated for the return. The other thing to consider is the cost of a week is not much difference to buying 4 days worth so you might be just as well to buy it for the week and be done with it.

Thanks Coffee.

I didn’t realise you could post date them, only need them about 3 or 4 times per year. :smiley:

Coffeeholic:
Places to buy it in Belgium are few and far between.

Although you can pay the fine anywhere :confused:

Harry Monk:

Coffeeholic:
Places to buy it in Belgium are few and far between.

Although you can pay the fine anywhere :confused:

True. I understand you can buy it at main post offices in Belgium. I wonder if the fine for parking an artic in the city centre outside the post office is less than the fine for not having the tax? :wink: :smiley:

Of course, if you had looked in the Euro Drivers Info Point which is Stickied at the top of this forum, you would have found the Euro-Vignette link, which will give you the address of every site that sells the vignette.

Linux-user:
You can get it at all the Norfolk Line booths, saving alot of messing about. Which is why i now plan to go out on Norfolk Line.

looking at the queues to get out this week, it may be worth getting it at ashford and trying a different ferry line, the queue out was awful, and getting back was not much better

and a customs points though this may have changed i will check this out

Most of these places SHOULD still sell the Eurovignette.

BELGIUM

Total Delwaide Tankstation Antwerpsebaan 50,Kaai 730
2040 Antwerpen
Mo-Fr 07:00 - 22:00
Saturday/Sunday closed

Relais Routier Chez Pierre 61-63 rue Grande
5660 Bruly de Couvin
Mo-Fr 03:30 - 00:00
Sa 07:00 - 20:00
Sunday closed

Station TEXACO Pont du Roy 14
5660 Couvin