BB Code Problem

Is there something wrong with the BB code on this board ?

When I use the bold tags ([ b ] [ / b ] ) in a post the word/words the tags are wrapped around don’t show in the preview or the post :confused:

For instance if I type:

"[b]Testing[/b] BB code"

I get “Testing BB code” in the post preview

I’ve typed the word Testing and wrapped it in bold tags and it doesn’t show in the post :confused:

"The bold tags even make whole sentences disappear"

The bold tags even make whole sentences disappear

See

:wink: :laughing:

I’m not seeing the problem

Are you using some sort of dodgy browser such as Internet Explorer? :wink:

tachograph:
Is there something wrong with the BB code on this board ?

When I use the bold tags ([ b ] [ / b ] ) in a post the word/words the tags are wrapped around don’t show in the preview or the post :confused:

For instance if I type:

"[b]Testing[/b] BB code"

I get “Testing BB code” in the post preview

I’ve typed the word Testing and wrapped it in bold tags and it doesn’t show in the post :confused:

"The bold tags even make whole sentences disappear"

The bold tags even make whole sentences disappear

See

:wink: :laughing:

Tacho, is this happening when you try to reply to the September T&D question? If so, the same happened to me and I have a suspicion that they have disabled BBCode in that forum for some odd reason.

Coffeeholic:
I’m not seeing the problem

:laughing: :laughing:

Rob K:
Tacho, is this happening when you try to reply to the September T&D question? If so, the same happened to me and I have a suspicion that they have disabled BBCode in that forum for some odd reason.

Seems to be happening in all the forums Rob.

tachograph:

Rob K:

Seems to be happening in all the forums Rob.

It looks like there is a fault then. Rikki has used bold font in the T&D forum so it can’t be that BBCode is switched off for that forum only. I made a reply there earlier today and the the blurb over there -----> said that BBCode is OFF and there were no smilies or images to be seen. You can see my reply there with all the BBCode still visible; all the quotes are messed up etc.

On the subject of problems with this site, Rikki needs to sort out some proper hosting as it’s getting beyond a joke here between 5am and 9am of a morning. The pages can take over 1 minute to load. The rest of the time the site loads as you would expect.

Rob K:

I think it may be off in that forum, no idea why. When you go to post a reply it says to the right of the reply box BBCode is Off.

I can see what you’re saying about Rikki’s post here can’t see the question without hitting the quote button :confused:

If you look into Neils post above you’ll see it’s happening here to :wink:

tachograph:
I can see what you’re saying about Rikki’s post here can’t see the question without hitting the quote button :confused:

I can see the question, it is all in bold though.

tachograph:
If you look into Neils post above you’ll see it’s happening here to :wink:

I can see all my post, it’s all in bold and I can also see it in bold where you quoted it and added the two smilies.

I don’t think it has anything to do with being a mod because while I can mod in this forum I do not have any mod privileges in the T&D question forum.

That’s odd, I’ve just checked the User Control and the settings look as they should.

Is anyone else having the same problem ?

Found the problem :smiley:

For some reason Adblock Plus in Firefox is affecting words wrapped in bold tags :confused:

I’ll sort that out :wink:

tachograph:

For some reason Adblock Plus in Firefox is affecting words wrapped in bold tags :confused:

I’m running Adblock Plus 1.2.2 in Firefox 3.5.11 and it isn’t causing that problem for me.

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

I’m running Adblock Plus 1.2.2 in Firefox 3.5.11 and it isn’t causing that problem for me.

Firefox 3.5.11 ?

I think you’ll find that version 3.6.8 is the latest known to be stable build of Firefox :wink:

I’m using Adblock Plus 1.2.2 to, I put a custom filter into the filter list which has caused the problem, so it was my fault :blush: :blush: :blush:

That should teach me to leave things alone when I’ve got them working right :unamused: :wink:

I Doubt it will though :stuck_out_tongue: :wink:

tachograph:
Firefox

This is your problem. If you scrap this heap of [zb] bloatware and use something sensible like Opera or Iron then your problems will be over. :sunglasses:

And yes I can see all of your posts okay Tacho, there is no BBCode showing. It IS showing in the T&D forum but that is because it is switched off there as per Neil’s comment.

Rob K:

tachograph:
Firefox

This is your problem. If you scrap this heap of [zb] bloatware and use something sensible like Opera or Iron then your problems will be over. :sunglasses:

Firefox does everything I want it to do, the problem is over and sadly it was of my own making :blush:

Can’t remember the last time I looked at Opera to be honest and Iron appears to be just another featureless Chrome with some privacy enhancements.
Having said that I haven’t actually used it :wink:

tachograph:

Coffeeholic:

tachograph:

Firefox 3.5.11 ?

I think you’ll find that version 3.6.8 is the latest known to be stable build of Firefox :wink:

I haven’t bothered updating it on the laptop for ages as it does everything I want it to, in fact I haven’t updated anything on the laptop for months apart from virus definitions. I have 3.6.8 on this my main desktop machine and my other older desktop one.