Baylis

does anyone of a company called Baylis Logistics, and what are they like to work for etc.

Any info welcome.

Thanks…ET

I’ve done agency work for Baylis in the past out of Goole. Professional operation, no bent running, decent kit. Mainly groupage.

Never worked for them but visit their depot in Leighton Buzzard often, and often chat to their blokes when waiting to tip at RDCs up and down the country.

Drivers seem happy enough when I’ve spoken to them.

Place seems well run. Only once have I waited any length of time to be tipped or loaded at Leighton Buzzard. They deal with me quicker than my own company do!!

They have a smart and distinctive uniform which seems appropriate to the job in hand (unlike some company uniforms :unamused: ), and it’s because of this I have noticed they don’t seem to use many agency drivers.

If the money was right, they had a depot nearby, and I needed a job I’d certainly be knocking on their door.

And, on a lighter note, some of their newer motors have pictures of scantily-clad young ladies on them. Check this out.

I reckon they’re alright from what I’ve seen!

Yes thats the wife…

I used to work for them for a couple of years out of Goole depot. Not a bad firm, but, since firm was took over and after talking to some of lads still there they told me that they have them coming in at different times from 5am to 9am and working til 8pm/11pm, I think that pay is £8.40 per hour for guaranteed 50 hours. Hope this helps.

It all helps thanks everybody…ET

One other thing if you are thinking of applying to Goole depot which I presume you are with living at Scunny is that I heard today that they are looking at leaving Goole and moving to Wakefield, it maybe just a rumour. The bloke you want to talk to for a job is Mario Piroli, he’s the transport manager.

Going to see Mario Piroli tomorrow.

He has never mentioned any move to Wakefield and he obviously knows where I live.

Seems pointless to consider me for a job if I’m gonna get the bullet in a short time, hope your wrong.

But thanks for the info I will ask him outright.

I remember them as Watts Bros of Beverley :laughing: I think they were bought out in the eighties and then they moved to Goole

Yes Malc you’re right. Their yard was just off roundabout Wylies Road/Woodhall Way at Beverley.