Back to reality

I’m going back to work tomorrow after having 8 working days off. My wife gave birth to our first child Isaac Francis McDermott on the 12/8/12.

It’s not felt like a break if I’m honest, I’m not used to getting up 3 or 4 times in one night! But it seems worth it, he’s a lovely baby really :stuck_out_tongue:

I have posted on other threads, not so popular but more on topic or should I say off topic, i just wanted to keep people posted and let them know if there is a crash on the m4 west bound of magor this week it’s me :stuck_out_tongue: I shouldn’t joke but I am rather tired…

How do people cope with driving after a new born up all night?

Congratulations :smiley:

Pimpdaddy:
Congratulations :smiley:

Congratulations mate, and don’t worry, babies normally settle down after a month or so and only normally wake up once, maybe twice after then.

But the obvious answer as to how to cope with a baby waking you up three or four times a night is “Go tramping and let the wife worry about it” :wink:

Harry Monk:
Congratulations mate, and don’t worry, babies normally settle down after a month or so and only normally wake up once, maybe twice after then.

But the obvious answer as to how to cope with a baby waking you up three or four times a night is “Go tramping and let the wife worry about it” :wink:

Thanking you Harry, I think your right about tramping! Just not sure if my wife will survive! Haha :stuck_out_tongue:

Congrats to you and your Missus :wink:

jackg:
Congrats to you and your Missus :wink:

Thank you :slight_smile:

ibson:

Don’t you work for your family firm? Perhaps do locals, yard work for a few days? When my son was born (17months ago, time has flown) I had 2 weeks paternity leave and work gave me easy local stuff, mostly muckaway (I could kip while mini digger loaded me) and easy jobs like builders merchants. To be fair they’d kept me local in the 2 weeks upto his birth so if I didn’t come in, it would be easy to cover my workload.
I also avoided driving for 4.5 hours without a break. I think I was stopping after an hour or so for 15-20mins. :blush:
Congrats anyhow :smiley:

Muckaway:

ibson:

Don’t you work for your family firm? Perhaps do locals, yard work for a few days? When my son was born (17months ago, time has flown) I had 2 weeks paternity leave and work gave me easy local stuff, mostly muckaway (I could kip while mini digger loaded me) and easy jobs like builders merchants. To be fair they’d kept me local in the 2 weeks upto his birth so if I didn’t come in, it would be easy to cover my workload.
I also avoided driving for 4.5 hours without a break. I think I was stopping after an hour or so for 15-20mins. :blush:
Congrats anyhow :smiley:

Thanks muckaway :slight_smile:

Yeah it’s a family firm, my dad doesn’t really understand easy though lol, work is work… He never helped my mum when me and my brother were born, he just worked and went to bed. He just entertained us before he went to sleep, my mum has confirmed he never changed a single nappy! BUT! By more luck than judgment this week is panning out well, I had an ideal day today on a 360 and it was nice and easy.

Tomorrow is another easy one, I only have to move one 20ft box with the hiab in the morning then off to get 2 new tyres and then the trucks off for MOT in the afternoon, giving me enough time to catch up in the office on Tachos, inspection sheets and ordering some new tool boxes up. Then a nice long weekend and back to the hard work Tuesday!

My wife said she won’t wake me unless she is struggling, but he can be a bit of a terror at night, he is only a week and a half old! Even if she doesn’t directly wake me up to do anything I’m still awake if you get me.