Awards!!!

trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=6239

Is this the best truck?
If you had a choice would you as a driver pick this truck for the best truck for next year? :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

I always thought that yearly awards were given at the end of the year after a period of use so people can judge the equipment!

I wonder how much Scania paid for this award?

Which Truck sould realy win the Truck of the year (2004) award? maybe I will ask at the end of next year for the 2005 award!!!

As a foot note I am gonna award myself the award of best driver for 2005 because so far in that year I have not put a foot wrong! :smiley:

it’s amazing how money talks. :wink:

From past experience I think it’s safe to say that ‘Truck of the year award’ goes to what ever is new on the scene.
I remember the Ford Cargo being ‘Truck of the year’ when it first came on the market :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: even on very first inspection anyone with an ounce of inteligence could see it was a pile of junk :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Pat Hasler:
From past experience I think it’s safe to say that ‘Truck of the year award’ goes to what ever is new on the scene.

according to CM (16/9/04)

A lack of new vehicle launches during the last 12 months has made the shortlist for the International Truck of the year 2005 an extremely short one. just three candidates fulfil the eligibility criteria this year; they comprise the Scania R series, the MAN TGA with the D20 engine and the Renault Mascott

so basically “what ever is new on the scene” wins because only “what ever is new on the scene” is eligible :unamused:

Pat Hasler:
I remember the Ford Cargo being ‘Truck of the year’ when it first came on the market :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: even on very first inspection anyone with an ounce of inteligence could see it was a pile of junk :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Typical Ford then.

As the saying goes:

Four wheels and a board, make a good Ford,
Guaranteed to go if you push it!