Avialink/Trialout

Avialink

Does anyone remember these Black and yellow motors who did Spain, Greece, portugal and Gib.

Theres post on here of Stuart taylors, MJM and PJK so someone must have some stories.

Any pics would be Brillant even the accidents (there was quite a few)

here is a pic of what they looked like but they didnt have esteppe scanias only Toplines

Photobucket

As i have had sometime messin around on my computer game I have got a 1853 Eurocab and a Avialink trailer Does remeber Squeaky’s Pride and joy.

Or the day one was hanging off Barton Bridge in Feb 2000
Photobucket

Have a word with Hombre, He’s on here from time to time. I know he used to work for them

My brother used to work for them doin Gib on the Cheese run (was workin for a guy who subbed to Avialink) had a 143 in Avialinks’ colours but wasnt a Topline, I had some pics of the truck parked next to Davies in Poole, will have see if the pics are still around…

There was a guy there I remember called Mark ( his surname escapes me), who died in Spain, went off a mountain road with the full unit I believe!

I think,George, the owner of Avialink, now runs a firm called Trial Out, old Avialink colours ,dont thinke hes got many, only see the one, a battered Fridge with a battered Merc pullin it. But in the Black and yellow stripes.

Guy once phoned me for a job, said he used to work for Avialink, asked him why he left, said he didnt, he was sacked for smashing the wagon up, needless to say I hired him there an then :wink:

Yeah george has only got 2 or 3 motors Trialout
1 or 2 magnums and 1 FH12
i was a shunter for him until my dad left he said he would give me a job but aint got my class 1, yet got me class 2, adr, flt, digicard, etc etc etc etc but cant afford to do my class 1.

I remeber the cheese run down Gib Peralta’s Just wish he had more motors in black yellow the looked lovely apart for a magnet for the Customs, police etc

Update

K.Adams:
Update

:question:

where :question: :unamused:

the pic of the eurocab. iam still trying to find some pics/drivers but had no luck

hi k adams
the one i remember the most was squeeky sometimes he used to run with us on davies - out of southampton… he was a card i would laugh just looking at him.

Hi ian yeh squeaky funny fella heart in the right place tho. My dad had aload of Frozen and the fridge packed up and squeaky paid for the repairs as TK Espana wouldnt accept TK UK payement.

Although they didnt see eye to eye sometimes

K.Adams:
Hi ian yeh squeaky funny fella heart in the right place tho. My dad had aload of Frozen and the fridge packed up and squeaky paid for the repairs as TK Espana wouldnt accept TK UK payement.

Although they didnt see eye to eye sometimes

Oh also Squeaky passed away in 2006

hi there k.adams
sorry to hear that about squeaky great bloke how did he pass away?? he was’nt that old either was he

I remember them well,i used to work at the merc garage who looked after them.Didn`t the 1850 of squeakys hit a bull or have have front blow out in Spain,roll it and after it was righted drove it back or something along those lines then it was repaired and repainted in a blue colour?

adesoo:
I remember them well,i used to work at the merc garage who looked after them.Didn`t the 1850 of squeakys hit a bull or have have front blow out in Spain,roll it and after it was righted drove it back or something along those lines then it was repaired and repainted in a blue colour?

Yeh Squeakys, he hit 5 cows in france then a year later Mike turner (soliderboy) over turned it in Spain and the painted blue and Silver (Trialout colours). Was it Roadrange you work for or bailer butchers (Enza Motors Warrington). There was 2 other 1850’s M330VFM and M331VFM I think 330 was written off after Soliderboy had it teatering off Barton Bridge. I think 331 was exported and Squeakys N61EMB. was too. I remember after that Squeaks was put back together after the roll in Spain squeaky backed under a trialer mist the pin and walloped the back of the unit (idiot). Last trip my dad did for them I went along to Spain?Gib with him and remeber waking up on the top bunk soaked through. The cab was leaking from somewhere.

ianburns:
hi there k.adams
sorry to hear that about squeaky great bloke how did he pass away?? he was’nt that old either was he

Some sort of cancer i think. I know he was a cracking fella not even 40

Yes i remember it leaking and that the windscreen would crack of its own accord due to the cab still been twisted.I used to work for road range.

adesoo:
Yes i remember it leaking and that the windscreen would crack of its own accord due to the cab still been twisted.I used to work for road range.

Thats it. Is Dave the driver still working there

I think he`s just retired,i havent worked for them since 2004.

I just been to London and seen a old Avialink trailer pulled by a blue ERF (man cab) on the M6 now I know that the trailer was sold to a mate of George’s and just wondering if anyone knows the Driver.

Also theres a low cabbed maroon Actros that pulls a Fridge with CARGOFLORA on the side often seen on the M40. I think it is a Avialink trailer and just wondered if anyone knows that driver too.

I was once offered a job for Avialink,which consisted of taking Mothers Pride bread,Fredericks ice cream or Fox’s biscuits to Gibraltar and back load produce from Spain,but now and again to Morrocco for dates.The money that was mentioned was pitiful so I declined the job,leaving it for cab happy persons who will work for very little.

down below