Asda

My mate works for ASDA Skelmersdale, & from what he says they drive with one eye on the rev counter & the other eye on the road, ASDA skem does not make any attempt to keep drivers, always changing shift rotas with too many blue eyes getting the easy runs & best units.But he says the job is ok if he just has nothing to do with the managent or the blue eyes.ASDA in this area has a real bad reputation for high turnover of both drivers & warehouse staff, lots of drivers go there from agencies & lots leave to go back on the agency, that says it all about ASDA Skelmersdale. So good look where you are starting they can`t all be bad.

Oh great,i,m tipping there in the morning!

jase:
If Portbury is shutting,has Chepstow had a chiller/freezer area built then,has far as i know Chepstow has’nt got one-or has it?

yes :laughing:
jon

Wayne: you have PM.

(I drove their training unit yesterday :astonished: )

grangemouth has R series 500 topliners is there a reason for big horse power or is it to keep drivers?

MrFlibble:
Wayne: you have PM.

(I drove their training unit yesterday :astonished: )

the training unit is for learner drivers,they dont use ours for the driver assesments.they usually use a standard motor.
ours is a 52 plate scania with a 3rd seat instead of a bunk :smiling_imp:
any thing you dont understand just ask :exclamation:
good luck
jon

I had an assessment for a company once. I just drove fairly normally (like a plank) but with unusually lots of mirror checks and they were cool with me. :slight_smile:

gavin c:
grangemouth has R series 500 topliners is there a reason for big horse power or is it to keep drivers?

we used to have a 470 topline that got shared across the depots as a driver incentive.
was it 1 or several :question:
jon

Wayne:
Fingers and toes crossed.

:confused: I’m trying to do this now, in morale support. But i am having trouble. Would you mind if i just curled them up instead :question:

jon boy i passed 2 on the m 74, but tipped in grangemouth last night there was 8 in the depot.

gavin c:
jon boy i passed 2 on the m 74, but tipped in grangemouth last night there was 8 in the depot.

:open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
asdas greatest cost is fuel,they will do anything to reduce their fuel bill,i dont see how 500 bhp is saving them fuel :laughing: :laughing: all are wagons are now 420s except a few old moters we use on busy days.
mind you scanias seem to run on fumes anyway. i hope they are not those awful opticruises. we have just got 70 new FMs about 20 have the i-shift :smiley: :smiley:
we also have a baby stralis on demo,goes like a rocket :smiley:
why o why did scania not use the ZF box like the iveco and others i will never know.
jon

I’ve just had an interesting conversation ref a job with the Magna Park Depot myself. Am to call them Tuesday PM to see, normally they send a letter, but if you’ve got 2 years and no points/accidents/tacho offences, then we’d be very interested, although I can’t say right now type thing. So I’ll be very interested to see how it goes Wayne :wink:. Having chatted to one of their drivers who works for the same agency as me, she didn’t have a bad hing to say about them.

Cheers

Ian.

Wayne:
What can I expect :open_mouth: ?

Wayne.

Learn how to load and onload trollies, lots and lots and lots and lots and lots lots and lots and lots and lots and lots lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of trollies, becasue when you get to do a delivery you unload your trollies, and if you still have two drops left on your wagon you still have to load up with trollies from the first drop, and then unload them all again when you get to drop No2 then load them all up again and some more then unload them all again for drop 3 etc etc etc etc etc
Also when working for ASDA expect to treated like a complete and utter ****** because that’s what they think you are :exclamation:

Failed the assessment drive. Gave me a blind side reverse on to a bay and I went over the grass verge a tiny bit (well used to be a grass verge before all the other wagons before me have been over it). Also I could not get on with the scania 3 over 3 box straight away. Never mind not the end of the world.

Wayne.

Unlucky Wayne, like you say it’s not the end of the world, what else did the drive entail?

bad luck wayne
the scania box is not my favourite box etheir
i did warn you not to touch kerbs
good luck with your next venture
keep us posted
jon

Mike Bartlett:

Wayne:
What can I expect :open_mouth: ?

Wayne.

Learn how to load and onload trollies, lots and lots and lots and lots and lots lots and lots and lots and lots and lots lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of trollies, becasue when you get to do a delivery you unload your trollies, and if you still have two drops left on your wagon you still have to load up with trollies from the first drop, and then unload them all again when you get to drop No2 then load them all up again and some more then unload them all again for drop 3 etc etc etc etc etc
Also when working for ASDA expect to treated like a complete and utter ****** because that’s what they think you are :exclamation:

i have worked at asda for nearly 3 years and never done what you posted.
the trailer is mine till its empty then we will disguss what goes on it.
some store lads try to get returns loaded but they get a polite refusal :wink:
the company does have people that try it on,but they are just any large company,if someone speaks to me like that they get just as much back :wink: :laughing:
like all jobs it has its up sides and down
jon

What’s a 3 over 3 box then? All the Scanias I’ve driven have 4 gears with a range change switch on the front of the stick. Is a 3 over 3 gearbox just the same but with 3 gears? Sorry if this seems an obvious question.

:slight_smile: Its a 12 speeder, its 3 speed with range change = 6, but has splitter swtch too = 12. :wink:

Wayne:
Failed the assessment drive. Gave me a blind side reverse on to a bay and I went over the grass verge a tiny bit (well used to be a grass verge before all the other wagons before me have been over it). Also I could not get on with the scania 3 over 3 box straight away. Never mind not the end of the world.

Wayne.

Sounds a bit harsh to me (I didn’t get on too well either when I drove one for the first time, and you want to hear the tune I played on the ERF’s when I first drove one. Called Liberace with good reason :laughing:), but if that’s what they want, then that’s what they want :unamused:. Sorry to hear it didn’t go too well. Good luck with the next one :wink:.