Asda assessment

selby newcomer:
What a knob this fella is, if your gonna quote what I say don’t twist it to try and mean something else

Not as big a knob as you Mr tesco jobsworth:lol::lol:
You wrote it, I did you a favour cutting out the bs:!::!:

Pimpdaddy:

selby newcomer:
What a knob this fella is, if your gonna quote what I say don’t twist it to try and mean something else

Not as big a knob as you Mr tesco jobsworth:lol::lol:
You wrote it, I did you a favour cutting out the bs:!::!:

Coming from the knob who couldn’t get a job a tesco :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Your a muggy troll who thinks he knows it all but knows ■■■■ all, fact

Play nicely kids, this isn’t about you fellas.

the maoster:
Play nicely kids.

Once again I’ll have to be the grown up, leave the tesco kiddies to it:lol:

the maoster:
Play nicely kids, this isn’t about you fellas.

Fair point but the forum idiot always has to turn the thread into the pimpdaddy show as per…I’ll say no more

Goodluck to the op on your assessment, hope all goes well for ya, I can ask exactly what the assessment contains if ya want, PM me if required

seth 70:

eagerbeaver:
Twelve and a half quid. Not bad for Mon-Fri days.

Do you have to have the same appearance as the shop staff? One front tooth and hair in an elastic band.

Same rate for sat sun aswell eagerbeaver,no such things as weekends at asda ,i only got 4 full weekends in every 10 week,you have more chance of raking ■■■■ upstairs than getting a holiday for a sat sun aswell :unamused: forget going to weddings or owt else normal folk do at weekends :unamused:

That maybe so if you’re employed directly through Asda which if I get it I won’t be :wink:

DAF95XF:

the maoster:
You do like your supermarkets mate! They must get into your system. Good luck anyway.

I’m on £8.50 p/h where Asda are 12.50 p/h Monday - Friday, and a weekends a lot more… :wink:

It’s not Wincanton at Rochdale then!

Drivers there would have wet dreams about £12.50 and weekend premiums.

DAF95XF:

seth 70:

eagerbeaver:
Twelve and a half quid. Not bad for Mon-Fri days.

Do you have to have the same appearance as the shop staff? One front tooth and hair in an elastic band.

Same rate for sat sun aswell eagerbeaver,no such things as weekends at asda ,i only got 4 full weekends in every 10 week,you have more chance of raking ■■■■ upstairs than getting a holiday for a sat sun aswell :unamused: forget going to weddings or owt else normal folk do at weekends :unamused:

That maybe so if you’re employed directly through Asda which if I get it I won’t be :wink:

It was directly for them m8,and it was alot of years since, things could have changed to be fair :neutral_face:

to answer the question as to why I hated it so much:

I have never worked for such a clicky outfit, the union terrible (GMB), the work boring, the wages yes great if you do mon to fri (never happens). the rotas awful the norm is a kind of 6 on 1 off 2 on 3 off 5 on 6 off 2 on 3 off 6 on.

expect to work almost 1 of every weekend.

expect the noobs to constantly inform you how long each job takes (do not dare to go outside this as it causes great offence), expect to be praised if you get 100% score on the vemis computer (seen a guy stall the truck up a hill rather than get a ‘bleep’.

wages were poor as an average, management clueless (not bad people but clueless).

other than that it was a good job :open_mouth:

Eager beaver is spot on about scruffy shop staff.
They must sleep in a skip, nick the discarded Oxfam bags to clothe themselves.
It is compulsory for staff to have the green work shirt hanging out the waist.

war1974:
to answer the question as to why I hated it so much:

I have never worked for such a clicky outfit, the union terrible (GMB), the work boring, the wages yes great if you do mon to fri (never happens). the rotas awful the norm is a kind of 6 on 1 off 2 on 3 off 5 on 6 off 2 on 3 off 6 on.

expect to work almost 1 of every weekend.

expect the noobs to constantly inform you how long each job takes (do not dare to go outside this as it causes great offence), expect to be praised if you get 100% score on the vemis computer (seen a guy stall the truck up a hill rather than get a ‘bleep’.

wages were poor as an average, management clueless (not bad people but clueless).

other than that it was a good job :open_mouth:

All true m8,i lasted nearly a year,it was one of them jobs i took while looking for a job,you forgot the bit about backdoor men being crap and treating you like a slave for um :smiling_imp:

Well I passed the assesment and have the agency drivers “passport” thing to prove it however in passing I was told that they are recruiting directly and have the application in :wink:

On a similar note (of green shopping trolleys), does anyone know what the Co-op’s assessment involves?

The email said it will be a driving assessment followed by a written test on hours regs then an interview and will last up to three hours, also to take boots, gloves, hi-vis.

I’m guessing coupling up, reversing and a fair bit of driving?

I did one in Avonmouth about 4 years ago it was walk around the truck checking lights and all the usual stuff, then a drive up the M5 and back then reverse in to a space then a few questions and that was it, what I would say is they don’t like drivers backing under trailers that are on a red light when on a bay. I saw a few drivers banned off site for it, the shunter’s think there god. Lol

martynp:
what I would say is they don’t like drivers backing under trailers that are on a red light when on a bay. I saw a few drivers banned off site for it, the shunter’s think there god. Lol

I think the vast majority of companies would take a dim view of that .

Hi, have an assessment at Asda,any new info on this?

alright-drive:
Hi, have an assessment at Asda,any new info on this?

I still believe it’s not too taxing, which site ?

Magna park Lutterworth, just looking at what to expect on the day

Couple of quiz papers, drivers hours, WTD and road signs. Walk round checks (make sure you put card in and do manual entries as soon as you get in the cab, they like the manual entries) hook up a trailer, check trailer, go for a little drive. Reverse it onto a bay or maybe into a parking slot, usually a fairly simple good side. unhook trailer, go for a little debrief. Whole thing is about 3-4 hrs.
Above was Didcot but I would imagine its the same process across sites.

Do Sainsbury’s own ASDA now ? there was talk of Wal Mart selling them but maybe these things take time.