Are Fedex good to train with?

Hi everyone,

Just looking for some advice, does anyone know if Fedex driver training in Newcastle Under Lyme are any good to train with, as they say that after I have my Class1 they will offer me a job should there be any vacancies, dont know whether this is just to get people to train with them or a true offer, if anyone could let me know it would be greatly appreicated?

Cheers

Chris DB:
There’s Bassetts Transport Training at Tittensor on the A34 north of Stone. I passed both classes 2 & 1 with them in last 2 years, both first time.

Also ANC now part of FedEx UK at Parkhouse Industrial Estate off A34 at Chesterton north of Newcastle-under Lyme. Two mates of mine passed tests with them in last 2 years. Jobs will follow with FedEx if you want trunking, but have to start on nights.

videoman:
Passed C class at Swynnerton in October 06 on first attempt with three minors with ANC (now Fedex). Many narrow roads in the area of the test centre and around Eccleshall and Stone town centre. Also a few places to be careful around Meir Heath but I had driven probably every road in the area with my instructor during my training. Don’t know how it compares with any other test centre but I suppose they all have their particular difficult parts on the test route.

whitegorrilla:
i can also recommend fedex as did my c1 and c2,passed both first time. cost is about 900ish c2 and 1000ish c1 .and also got a job with them

[__GENERAL DRIVING TIPS [u]*BEFORE*[/u] STARTING LGV C TRAINING (Link)__](http://trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=31611&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=)

If you click the link in my signature or this (Forum sponser logo) it will lead you to an index where you can access a lot more info which may be of use to you :smiley: :smiley:

To book any LGV training I suggest the trainee-to-be, visits the training school, meets the head person(s) and has a quick look at the truck BEFORE parting with any money.

Using the site Search facility and putting the words TRAINING AND WHERE you wish to train may turn up some recommendations. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

I passed my C class with them two years ago at my first attempt and have been considering doing my C + E recently and would probably train with them again. The thing which is turning me off is the shortage of available work especially for recently qualified drivers and possibly having to work for some crap agency for several months to gain some experience.

thanks for the replies it seems like they are a good company, i am planning to book in for the class C and C+E early 2009, just want to get the license under my belt then can slowly build up experience.

JayLNix:
thanks for the replies it seems like they are a good company, i am planning to book in for the class C and C+E early 2009, just want to get the license under my belt then can slowly build up experience.

In case you are in one job and thinking of doing driving part time at the weekend…

This is a link to a common weekend driving assumption by some newbies in order to gain experience whilst still in another job.

FEDEX, are very good and if they think your good will offer you employment.
John Marsden trained me and whitegorrilla(member) we got employment.
Would recommend john all the time, dont know about the other 2 instructors tho.
:smiley:

cheers for that reply mate, I spoke to mark shaw about getting trained up and he told me if there is a vacancy then there is a chance I will get it if I pass there standards, the only problem I can see is that I am 22 but he said that is fine because if you train with fedex and pass chances are you are good enough to drive for them.
Fingers crossed I am planning to start in January cos i got no more holidays this year.