Apprentice 17 year old driver scheme

I have posted an offer for a car driver to train for class two and one licence, by starting on vans then with another driver on multi drop pallet drops then to class one.The firm was paying for all this,but nobody enquired about this unique opportunity that does not come around often.
It is too late now, as the offer has been taken up by a college lad who will have his class two and one licence paid for and be mentored through out the process with a driver trainer.
Don`t bother asking asking about it , should have kept your eyes open and read my thread about it weeks ago.

…not sure what the point of this post was.

Too late.

Well you know you can’t blame people if they don’t take you too seriously with some of the stuff you post

Thanks for the compliment.Not.

toby1234abc:

Toby,

Luke can speak for himself, but to me it looked more like an observation than a compliment.

dieseldave:

toby1234abc:

Toby,

Luke can speak for himself, but to me it looked more like an observation than a compliment.

It was indeed an observation and not a compliment or indeed a criticism

I can not believe how not one driver enquired about the offer to have two classes of licences paid for.Looking at the newbies forum they are after a start in the industry and you only need a car licence.The offer is nothing to do with me.I was only passing on some good news for a change.
I will not post anymore apprentice schemes from now on.The offer included a job for life with a pension scheme and loyalty bonus of £1200 per year.

toby1234abc:
a job for life

No such thing! It’s not 1935

toby1234abc:
I can not believe how not one driver enquired about the offer to have two classes of licences paid for.Looking at the newbies forum they are after a start in the industry and you only need a car licence.The offer is nothing to do with me.I was only passing on some good news for a change.
I will not post anymore apprentice schemes from now on.The offer included a job for life with a pension scheme and loyalty bonus of £1200 per year.

I didn’t see the post but if it was a genuine apprenticeship it is a bit surprising that no-one showed any interest.

Having said that, if you posted the details it’s possible that someone did go after it but hasn’t said so on the forums.

Either way, don’t take it so personal mate, it could be that no-one was looking for an apprenticeship in that particular area at that particular time, if you become aware of any other opportunities post about them, sometimes people will be interested sometimes they won’t, either way you’ve tried to help and that’s all that really matters isn’t it :wink:

Thanks Tachograph.

Class two and one paid for.Offer taken up by an ex Army tank transport brother.

toby1234abc:
Class two and one paid for.Offer taken up by an ex Army tank transport brother.

Why would an ex army tank transporter driver need to redo his class 1? Unless in your convoluted style you meant the brother of a tank transporter driver?

Yes it is the brother of an ex Army lad.