Anybody know this firm

just wondering if anyone knows anything about a company called I.R.F Europe from Stoke on trent. they’ve got orange motors with fridges. Smart tackle but do they pay decent wages and what are they like to work for. Ive started taking notice of the international firms as i’m trying to get back into it and have seen a couple of there trucks lately. Any help would be appreciated on either I R F or any other firms doing continent.

Cheers Paul,

Keep in mind that alot of companies have the words “International” or “European” in their name, despite the fact that alot of those who do, dont ever set wheel outside the UK.

I actually spoke to a guy today loading at our place who was doing some casual for them and he told me where they go on continent but as he only does the odd day he couldnt help me to much regarding working for the permantly

they do mainly benalux countries the main man is a guy called ron give em a call theyre a good bunch of lads well payed and looked after :laughing:

When my dad started at the company he is with now in 1991 he did nothing but continental, infact he was told that there was no UK work and he must accept nothing but continuous continental. How things have changed now, he only goes to Switzerland once every 3 or 4 weeks. Before he’d go anywhere from Germany, Austria & Spain. As a result he’s being trying to go to another company who still do European work, but they all pay crap money. It seems to me that if you want to be a continental truck driver now, unless you’re lucky, you’ll be doing it because you like the life and can live with the money, and not because the money is good.

Sorry for diverting away for your request for info!