Another one bites the dust.

Don’t know much about the company per se, I have dealt with numerous of their drivers and they seemed really decent folk. Hope they find employment quickly.

Also Eurovision logistics in Hull , in The gazette today
thegazette.co.uk/notice/4465563

What’s happening around Humberside ? as lots going under around there in the last few months

blue estate:

What’s happening around Humberside ? as lots going under around there in the last few months

I can’t give…

Numbers, but there will be firms starting up, established firms gaining new contracts and taking on drivers.

All part of the circle?

blue estate:

Eurovision and it’s predecessor have operated in Hull for decades, the cynic in me leads me to believe it may be the end of Eurovision in name only.

Ferry trailer companies screwing the rates, and the companies are up to their necks in debt after buying the latest megatrotterspacecabs on credit.

I know of another one, not in Humberside, that I am hoping goes the same way.

I’m sure that plenty of folk have made money by providing traction only pulling ferry trailers, but (and I may well be way wide of the mark here) I reckon that to make money you’ll need to be an O/D or run two or three trucks, preferably double shifted and with minimal overheads. Turnover is vanity and profit is sanity. Having 20 trucks running ferry trailers may well give impressive turnover figures but I guarantee that the profit per truck will not match the solo operation

All flash, no cash.

the maoster:
I’m sure that plenty of folk have made money by providing traction only pulling ferry trailers, but (and I may well be way wide of the mark here) I reckon that to make money you’ll need to be an O/D or run two or three trucks, preferably double shifted and with minimal overheads. Turnover is vanity and profit is sanity. Having 20 trucks running ferry trailers may well give impressive turnover figures but I guarantee that the profit per truck will not match the solo operation

Your right, and I know what 2 of the companies out of Immingham are paying on their trailers, and I am surprised so many hauliers can survive.

Quinny:

the maoster:

Your right, and I know what 2 of the companies out of Immingham are paying on their trailers, and I am surprised so many hauliers can survive.

It never changes…

1980s you had GBE trailers and SCAAC trailers being pulled out of the south coast ports by traction only outfits. The rate for both was rock bottom. I know that whilst I slept through the night, some of them were getting another trailer off the docks and being oop north for 8 in the morning again. They still went out of business.

It’s a fine example of the race to the bottom.