Another bloody bridge jumper

phil the book:

Rob K:

Okey-Didley-Dokely:
This is what I wrote on the subject on another forum:

Contemplating suicide is not a nice time, you go through hell, if your that down you really think you want to end it all the last thing you need is people taking the P**** or getting impatient with you.

It is a slow proccess getting to the point of doing something about it, whether it’s just a cry for help, a half attempt or actually commiting the deed.

You really need to feel that low to appreciate what makes someone even contemplate suicide, you feel useless, despondant, helpless, worthless, and many more adjectives all at the same time.

So what if it’s only a cry for help, maybe they have tried every other avenue trying to get the help they need to get out of the crisis they are in, and yes it is a crisis, not just a bit of a muddle.

It can take years to get to the point of suicide, it’s not a snap decission, you start off thinking your just a bit down and slowly it spirals into what is the point I can’t go on anymore.

You could start drinking heavy, or taking drugs, your everyday life becomes harder and harder, you fall out with your loved ones more and more. You want everybody to hate you, it’ll make it easier when you attempt it, you think if they don’t love you anymore they won’t miss you.

You start planning your ending, you even start to think how you will end it. tablets, jumping, drowning, hanging yourself. You go through it in your mind over and over again, you can’t talk to anyone about your thoughts, they’ll just say don’t be silly you can’t end it all, but you really want to end it all. All your problems will be gone forever, you can be at peace, no more thoughts going through your heads, no more problems.

Some potential suicidees are lucky, they have a strong willed loved one who helps you through your crisis, some are not really intending to do it, as people have said it’s a cry for help, but to get to the stage that they have to cry that loud is a long wat down the line from when they started the journey to where they are sitting atop a bridge threatening to jump off.

The ones who succeed, we will never really know what they wanted to happen, it is to late for them.
Deppression is not a nice thing, especially in todays world, where we want everything yesterday, just to keep the rich, richer and the poor wanting more.

Everybody is intent on chasing the yankkeee dollar, we have forgotten about our fellow human beings, not everybody has the lifeskills to cope with chasing the dollar and being content with our secular lives, some just don’t get it, all the rules and regulations surrounding the persual of the dollar. why some people are allowed to do things that give them the edge when it comes to obtaining the dollar and others are not.

So next time your sat in a queue because some poor sod is sat atop a motorway bridge, just think how did he get to where he is today. Don’t call him selfish, because my friend, your the selfish one for not giving a [zb]

:unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

WHAT A LOAD OF [ZB] BS. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I can’t believe people like you and Del try to justify the suiciders actions. PATHETIC. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Fact is there are [zb] thousands of disused quarries/bridges over ravines where an old railway line used to be etc etc etc, where they could go and do their [zb] jumping in peace without affecting anyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyone else, BUT OH NO, that’s not good enough for them is it■■? They’ve got to choose the bridge over the busiest motorway and not only cause havoc and misery for every normal person just going about their business, but also cause businesses to lose thousands in lost revenue and then there’s the poor [zb]ers who end up end driving over them when they jump. But yet you have gall to call US selfish for not giving a [zb] about them!!! Un[zb]real. :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

They’re just a load of scum attention seekers that need to get their [zb] [zb] together instead of crying like a bunch of babies when stuff don’t go their way. The rest of us manage to deal with the [zb] that life throws at us and so should they. If you can’t they get yourself off to the quarry and get jumping. :angry: :angry: :angry:

I dont think you should hold back Rob tell them like it is you smooth talker you.

Well fella’s got laid off on Friday :cry: :cry: Got a holiday booked for Xmas & New Year and a new car ordered for when I come back but don’t how I’m going to pay for any of it :open_mouth: :open_mouth:
Then there’s the all the other normal everyday outgoing’s :astonished: :exclamation:

ARGH no that’s it :open_mouth: :confused: can’t take it anymore :open_mouth:
ROB K will meet you at Scammonden Bridge at 0730 tomorrow if yous’e got a few min’s to spare :laughing: :laughing:
:wink:

Regards
Dave Penn;

that just sounds like attention seeking to me :slight_smile:

This is me 8 years ago About 2 months before this photo i was also one of the so called selfish ■■■■■■■ that wanted to end my life, simply because i was no longer the person i was 15 months earlier. After trying to deal with a serious motorbike accident, that i had no right surviving, depression set in,One night i opened a whiskey bottle and emptied my pain killers, and i was moments from doing it then and there, Only a picture of my then 18month old daughter stopped me, until then I had no thoughts about anything other than everyone would be better off if i was gone. How did i know i was in trouble? i didnt, but friends noticed a marked change in me. Only when people sit up and take notice do you finally get the help you need.
and this is me now It is truly amazing how life can turn, given the right guidance. So before you judge, just think that this person is in such a bad way. at least you’ll get to see and hear your loved ones.

I feel sorry for the poor sods who’s only viable option is to make a unsuspecting motorist take their life but why the hell does it take so long to clean up and reopen the road! 20 mins top is all it takes to mop up the mess

Mr B:
I feel sorry for the poor sods who’s only viable option is to make a unsuspecting motorist take their life but why the hell does it take so long to clean up and reopen the road! 20 mins top is all it takes to mop up the mess

Thats where the problem lies, its not the poor sod jumping, its the lack luster authorities taking their friggin time. No need for a 4 hour investigation, they jumped, got hit end of.

This thread is very depressing and totally a waste of time :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

BIGRIG:
This thread is very depressing and totally a waste of time :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I agree with Bigrig, but I will add who want’s to die alone given the choice? be honest with yourself when you answer. (maybe thats why they choose to do this as I’m SURE its not to inconvenience anyone)
I hope to never to experience, be part of or know anyone affected by this subject!!! My sympathies go to anyone who has fallen victim to it either side!

TonyCBR:
It is truly amazing how life can turn, given the right guidance. So before you judge, just think that this person is in such a bad way. at least you’ll get to see and hear your loved ones.

Can you still get your knee down? :stuck_out_tongue:

Great story and I admire you for telling it

Wheel Nut:

TonyCBR:
It is truly amazing how life can turn, given the right guidance. So before you judge, just think that this person is in such a bad way. at least you’ll get to see and hear your loved ones.

Can you still get your knee down? :stuck_out_tongue:

i still try, but keep bottling it lol

i saw first hand today the damage a jumper can cause to a truck, he went under[and by the look of it over] some of the wheel, mudgaurds and mudflaps ripped off, bloods and god knows what else all over the place,he litteraly in bits,fce gone, no i.d.
i was told a second or two later he would of come through windscreen.
theres now a family out there whos lost a son,dad,grandad,BUT there could also be a really sound driver whos dead if he had of come through windscreen, after seeing it first hand ill admit i dont know what to think,very disturbing when you see it first hand, and start to think about it :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: .
copper also told mate theyd had one recently where a car driver had gone in garage and filled his car up with £45 worth of petrol[on garage cctv], drove down road, parked car at side of road,chucked keys in ditch then walked infront of truck,why would you fill up car then kill yourself :question:

SamIam:

BIGRIG:

I agree with Bigrig, but I will add who want’s to die alone My sympathies go to anyone who has fallen victim to it either side!

at least there is humour in the darkest subjects lol

Fair play to one of today’s Muppets :sunglasses:

eveningstar.co.uk/news/bridg … 4_1_716207

At least he did it in the “bowl” of a junction to cause as little inconvenience as possible, that would have to be my prefered option so as not to cause too much of a hold up to the travelling public :blush: